Uk Permenant Visa

Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road
Default Uk Permenant Visa

I am a Uk Citizen and my girlfriend is Canadian she has been in the Uk for 2 years on a working holiday visa but we have moved to Canada so she can complete her schooling. We both wish to move back to the Uk next how would be the best way for her to get a Uk Permenant Visa or likewise visa.

I would be greatfull for any information or good links that you could provide.

Thanks very much
Ian
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Permenant Visa

Originally Posted by Snape
I am a Uk Citizen and my girlfriend is Canadian she has been in the Uk for 2 years on a working holiday visa but we have moved to Canada so she can complete her schooling. We both wish to move back to the Uk next how would be the best way for her to get a Uk Permenant Visa or likewise visa.

I would be greatfull for any information or good links that you could provide.

Thanks very much
Ian

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Jeremy
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can prove cohabitation for the last 2 years (ie joint bills or bills to you both showing you were living at the same address) then you can apply for an unmarried partner's visa for her. If not, marriage or a Fiancee visa to allow marriage in the UK within 6 months may be your best option. The marriage visa is not permanent until she has been living in the UK 2 years, then she applies for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR aka permanent residence).
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply we have been living in the uk for the last 2 and abit years together anyways as she was on a 2 year working holiday visa and we have just come back to Canada so she can finish her schooling so i think we proberbly stand a good chance of getting the visa what do you think.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Snape
Thanks for the reply we have been living in the uk for the last 2 and abit years together anyways as she was on a 2 year working holiday visa and we have just come back to Canada so she can finish her schooling so i think we proberbly stand a good chance of getting the visa what do you think.
If you have enough paperwork as evidence, you stand a very good chance.