UK Passport Question/Problem

Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:25 pm
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passport Question/Problem

Hi guys,

My question is in regards to David's passport once it expires, as it will in January 2004. He had planned to renew his passport a while back, but with the baby and everything, we just didn't get to it.

Now our AOS interview is looming and I don't want to take the chance that we won't get his new passport in time. So...we kinda thought we'd do it after the AOS interview, but his new passport will not contain the stamp (assuming he were to get one, it would be in his old passport). Is this a problem? What do they do in that situation? When travelling out of the USA, will a problem arise or should he just carry both the expired passport with stamp along with the unexpired, unstamped version?

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ang
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Question/Problem

A friend of mine's passport expired while he was here. It has his H visa in. He was told to carry both his new passport and the old one with the unexpired visa in. So far he's had no problems.

Maybe it's the same with GC stamp??

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit
Hi guys,

My question is in regards to David's passport once it expires, as it will in January 2004. He had planned to renew his passport a while back, but with the baby and everything, we just didn't get to it.

Now our AOS interview is looming and I don't want to take the chance that we won't get his new passport in time. So...we kinda thought we'd do it after the AOS interview, but his new passport will not contain the stamp (assuming he were to get one, it would be in his old passport). Is this a problem? What do they do in that situation? When travelling out of the USA, will a problem arise or should he just carry both the expired passport with stamp along with the unexpired, unstamped version?

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ang
Old Nov 20th 2003, 4:58 pm
Andy Platt

"KissingtheBrit" <member7604@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys,
    > My question is in regards to David's passport once it expires, as it
    > will in January 2004. He had planned to renew his passport a while
    > back, but with the baby and everything, we just didn't get to it.

Get it renewed, there should be plenty of time. The "Britain in the US"
website (the official website for the UK consulates and embassies in the US)
says they aim to do them in 10-12 days.

> Now our AOS interview is looming and I don't want to take the chance
    > that we won't get his new passport in time. So...we kinda thought we'd
    > do it after the AOS interview, but his new passport will not contain the
    > stamp (assuming he were to get one, it would be in his old passport).
    > Is this a problem? What do they do in that situation? When travelling
    > out of the USA, will a problem arise or should he just carry both the
    > expired passport with stamp along with the unexpired, unstamped version?

I believe that your passport must be valid for at least six months for them
to put the stamp in it.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:15 pm
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all that replied. I emailed the British Embassy and asked and they responded that we should renew now.

So, we FedExed his stuff to them last night and hopefully will get it back in time for the AOS interview. I see Katesuiter got hers back in very good time, so I am optimistic.

Have a good day...

Ang