UK Passport Applications for toddler/newborn

Old Feb 19th 2014, 9:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Applications for toddler/newborn

Originally Posted by alfista1
Can anyone tell me what the "Consular registration of a birth" looks like? Does it look like the British style birth certificate with just the parents names on?

We're having issue with my son's birth certificate here. We have to get it corrected again as they put the grandparents names on but don't understand the concept of the woman changing their name. Here they keep their name.
They don't start a new one if there are mistakes. They make another paragraph below explaining the errors and they have just made such a big mess that I'm afraid the UK passport agency are just going to get confused when they read the translated copy!

I just found this:
It looks like a UK birth certificate except it will have each parent's claim to British citizenship and the child's claim, i.e.

Alfista1 - S.11(1) BNA 1981
Mrs. Alfista1 - N/A
Alfista1 Jnr. - S.2(1)(a) BNA 1981

As it's done at the local embassy (until April anyway) the consular staff are used to local conventions so if a hash has been made of the original birth certificate they should be able to sort it out for you.

Originally Posted by alfista1
OMG!!!
Not cheap but worth it IMHO.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Passport Applications for toddler/newborn

Hi All

I am British (otherwise than by descent) my wife is from Philippines where we live. We are applying for our son's first passport, he was born in Philippines and is 6.

We have to send off the form and supporting documents to UK for processing.

The document checklist is a bit confusing, it says... for the applicant (My son)

Identity, name and address evidence:
All applicants must provide a minimum of 4 documents from the list below, as evidence of name and address dated within the last year, and one document showing photo identity (if a passport is not being submitted):
• National identity card or equivalent (or colour photocopy)
• Visa or residence permit (or colour photocopy)
• Tax record eg a letter from the tax authority
• Educational record eg school report
• Employment record eg official letter from your employer
• Letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department
• Baptismal or naming certificate
• Medical/health card
• Driving Licence
• Voter’s card
• Parents’ death certificates

We can get Educational record eg school report (but they do not have address on)
We can get a medical card
They do not have national ID cards here I think.

How are we supposed to get any of the others, he is only 6 ?

Anyone had similar issues with this please?

Thanks