UK Immigration Lawyer Referral

Old Mar 11th 2018, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Homebound Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Immigration Lawyer Referral

Hello All,

Can anyone recommend a UK Immigration lawyer that they had a good experience with for a spousal visa application?

Thanks In Advance!
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Immigration Lawyer Referral

why do you think you need one? Unless you have a complicated situation, the vast majority of applicants do it themselves, and make use of the knowledge base of folks on this forum.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

So you cannot recommend one then?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:17 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your spouse has a criminal record or other major complications, and so long as one of you can read English and complete basic forms, you really don't need a lawyer. .... Unless you have about £1,500 that you need to get rid of.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

So again, no referral?
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:52 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homebound Brit
So again, no referral?
If you have difficulty in understanding a couple of sentences written in plain English, then perhaps you do need the services of an attorney?

When my wife applied for her UK visa it never even crossed our minds that we might need a lawyer - the forms are quite straightforward to complete, just a bit tedious.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

I understand your sentences just fine, I just do not care for your unsolicited opinion or the events in your life.

Perhaps you do not understand the simple question

'Can anyone recommend a UK Immigration lawyer that they had a good experience with for a spousal visa application?'

If you cannot recommend one, probably best not to answer
Old Mar 13th 2018, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your sentences just fine, I just do not care for your unsolicited opinion or the events in your life.

'Can anyone recommend a UK Immigration lawyer that they had a good experience with for a spousal visa application?'

The answer to your question is 'yes'.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

The regulars on this forum understand the simple question, and indeed, Triboy has provided the answer.

What you need to understand is that all so-called immigration lawyers are not created equal. Some are shysters, and the result has been failed applications. Some tell you the rules don't really apply, and again, a failed application. Others have experience in dealing with complicated applications - applicant criminal convictions, past visa refusals, prior bans for attempting to enter the UK by deception, instance of voluntary deportation and many other situations.

If you can't or won't provide any clue w/r/t why you think a lawyer is necessary, no one will likely offer any names. End of.

Since you don't appear to want to 'play nice' on this forum, I suggest you consult Google, so that you no longer have to endure reading unsolicited opinions or events in the life of any BE forum member.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

As Triboy says, the answer is "Yes". however as Vadio has stated it depends on what grounds you think a lawyer is needed for in order to get a recommendation. I have a good solicitor in the UK but they have no experience of Family Law for example so if you asked can you recommend a good solicitor in UK, I would say "Yes" , if you tell me what area of law you want him/her to act for you in. Tell us why you think you need a lawyer for your spousal visa application and the folk here on BE who have been through all the hoops will try and advise you.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

So again, no referral?
In the relocation industry I worked in, visa applications for employees moving country were handled by Fragomen , a world wide law firm who solely deal in immigration and nothing else.

There are also visa agents as opposed to lawyers, who process lots of visas daily.

They need to be OISC registered from level 1- 3
http://home.oisc.gov.uk/adviser_finder/finder.aspx

Lawyers do not need to be OISC qualified.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vadio
The regulars on this forum understand the simple question, and indeed, Triboy has provided the answer.

What you need to understand is that all so-called immigration lawyers are not created equal. Some are shysters, and the result has been failed applications. Some tell you the rules don't really apply, and again, a failed application. Others have experience in dealing with complicated applications - applicant criminal convictions, past visa refusals, prior bans for attempting to enter the UK by deception, instance of voluntary deportation and many other situations.

If you can't or won't provide any clue w/r/t why you think a lawyer is necessary, no one will likely offer any names. End of.

Since you don't appear to want to 'play nice' on this forum, I suggest you consult Google, so that you no longer have to endure reading unsolicited opinions or events in the life of any BE forum member.
What you need to understand, is that some of us have busy lives, with businesses to run, children to raise, social lives and hobbies and do not mind paying a professional for their services.

As you can see Angie has offered a referral that she has had experience with, so while you may be the self-appointed spokesperson for all BE forum members, not all think that you should have that position.End of.

It is not a question of playing nice or not (by that I mean standing up to your thinly veiled passive aggressive attempts at bullying), I have no need or obligation to explain my situation to you, or anyone else with very little going on in their lives.

You may want to consider starting a new thread, where you can debate the merits of securing legal advice for spousal visas or anything else for that matter, but please, respectfully, exclude me.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What you need to understand, is that some of us have busy lives, with businesses to run, children to raise, social lives and hobbies and do not mind paying a professional for their services.

As you can see Angie has offered a referral that she has had experience with, so while you may be the self-appointed spokesperson for all BE forum members, not all think that you should have that position.End of.

It is not a question of playing nice or not (by that I mean standing up to your thinly veiled passive aggressive attempts at bullying), I have no need or obligation to explain my situation to you, or anyone else with very little going on in their lives.

You may want to consider starting a new thread, where you can debate the merits of securing legal advice for spousal visas or anything else for that matter, but please, respectfully, exclude me.
Woah! Not sure what provoked that reaction, people were simply asking if there was a specific reason why you felt you wanted a lawyer so that they could provide recommendations for that type of case (as Vadio tried to explain). If the answer is 'I'm busy and simply want somebody else to do the paperwork for me', then why not just say that? People will be happy to help if that is the case, but there was a reason for their questions.

The way it works on BE (and most other forums) is that to get good information, you have to give good information. If our forum members, who very kindly give up their time for free to help on here, ask further questions then please assume there is a reason for them - there really is no need to be rude to them.

Thx.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 3:25 pm

What you need to understand, is that some of us have busy lives, with businesses to run, children to raise, social lives and hobbies ....
Likewise on our side of the table, and we aren't going to waste our time give help that doesn't fit the situation of the person asking for help or information.
and do not mind paying a professional for their services. .
BTW, you realize that any professional you engage will ask you to provide all the information to complete the forms, and collect and forward all the supporting records and documentation that you would have to use to complete and support an application made by yourself directly. In other words it is highly questionable whether you will save any time merely by contracting a professional to "help" you.

And that is feedback that we see fairly often here on BE - "I don't know what we paid them for, we had to provide all the inform anyway, and with hindsight we could have completed the forms ourselves." Incidentally, additional delays are often reported too, by adding the extra step of sending evrything back and forth via a lawyer or agent.

An exception to this, that I explained above, are applications for genuinely difficult cases, for matters such as a criminal record or medical issue.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Woah! Not sure what provoked that reaction, people were simply asking if there was a specific reason why you felt you wanted a lawyer so that they could provide recommendations for that type of case (as Vadio tried to explain). If the answer is 'I'm busy and simply want somebody else to do the paperwork for me', then why not just say that? People will be happy to help if that is the case, but there was a reason for their questions.

The way it works on BE (and most other forums) is that to get good information, you have to give good information. If our forum members, who very kindly give up their time for free to help on here, ask further questions then please assume there is a reason for them - there really is no need to be rude to them.

Thx.
I have not been rude, merely direct and concise. The question is not ‘should I use an immigration lawyer?’ It is, as aforementioned, particularly the part that ‘you had a good experience with’. If you don’t fit that criteria, why would anyone respond with irrelevant questions?

<snip>

Lastly, how do anonymous forum members trump the advice of a specialized professional, except in a general way?Sure, you’ll all talk about the nightmare stories of some crappy lawyer, but how much of that stands up against cases of successful applications handled by a lawyer that you don’t hear about?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 14th 2018 at 8:20 pm. Reason: As per site rules, private messages are to remain private!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.