UK Fiancee, prior marriage

Old Oct 30th 2001, 8:33 am
Ntepy

UK Fiancee, prior marriage.

This is probably a daft question but its nagging at the back of my mind, and if I
don't ask, it wont go away.

When I divorced back in 1986, my x and I had to hand in to the court our marriage
certificate. I guess this is to ensure it wont be used fraudulently after divorce. My
IV15 checklist asks for "Marriage Certificate, for each of your PRIOR marriages."
Does this mean I am supposed to try to obtain my prior marriage certificate? or do
the divorce decrees surfice?

Feel free to laugh, but please put my mind at rest.... ntepy

Old Oct 30th 2001, 10:10 am
Mhaley12345

No need to laugh.... Paul had to do the same thing when he divorced several years
ago. You can just get a certified copy as you would the divorce papers, long form
birth certificate, etc.

Margaret

Old Oct 30th 2001, 10:27 am
Alvena Ferreira

ntepy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
If they want previous marriage certificates,you should have them. See this URL for
instructions on where to get them, note that there is a separate section for each
area of the UK:
http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/...ed_Kingdom.htm

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Oct 30th 2001, 11:25 am
Kay

If you contact the place you got married, they keep copies of marriage certificates
in the UK. I just went along to the registry office and they gave me mine for just
£5. The registrar of births, marriages and deaths local to place of marriage is
where to go.

Kay

>
[usenetquote2]> > UK Fiancee, prior marriage. This is probably a daft question but its nagging at[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the back of my mind, and if I don't ask, it wont go away. When I divorced back in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 1986, my x and I had to hand in to the court our marriage certificate. I guess[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > this is to ensure it wont be used fraudulently after divorce. My IV15 checklist[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > asks for "Marriage Certificate, for each of your PRIOR marriages." Does this mean[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am supposed to try to obtain my prior marriage certificate? or do the divorce[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > decrees surfice?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 30th 2001, 12:55 pm
Doug Melville

Straightforward, just contact the registrar for your area, and order a Marriage
certificate. It is a certified copy (complete with seals etc). I was fortunate enough
that the Scottish Registrars Office accepts requests by phone and payment by credit
card 13 GBP. Arrived in Australia 2 weeks later.

Doug

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 30th 2001, 10:21 pm
Ntepy

DAMN!! Not such a silly question after all! I knew there was a reason it was buggin
me. Yesturday I sent off my IV15. And of-course, I haven't ticked off "Marriage
Certificate, for all your prior marriages." <sighs> Do you think I should get a
letter into the post to London pronto, explaining my stupid mistake? I guess I'd
better hadn't I? I cant garantee getting the stupid marriage certificate in time now,
and my petition aproval expires on the 14th nov! (We are requesting an extension if
needed.) I feel so stupid, and I have to tell my blokey yet!

...Stupid ntepy

----------------------------------------------------------
"Doug Melville" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > UK Fiancee, prior marriage.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > This is probably a daft question but its nagging at the back of my mind, and if I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > don't ask, it wont go away.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > When I divorced back in 1986, my x and I had to hand in to the court our marriage[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > certificate. I guess this is to ensure it wont be used fraudulently after[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > divorce. My IV15 checklist asks for "Marriage Certificate, for each of your PRIOR[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > marriages." Does this mean I am supposed to try to obtain my prior marriage[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > certificate? or do the divorce decrees surfice?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Feel free to laugh, but please put my mind at rest.... ntepy[/usenetquote2]

Old Oct 31st 2001, 7:24 am
Doug Melville

OK, where were you married ??? dont worry about the tick boxes, just so long as you
have the documentation with you. Find the address of the registrars office, phone
them, and then go there if necessary. If you explain to them the reason for the
urgency then there shouldnt be a huge problem.

cheers

Doug

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 1st 2001, 4:52 pm
Denis Barlow

Thanks, and good luck when your turn comes.

--
Denis
-----

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

"ntepy" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > I don't know if this helps but I got my K1 Visa at London today[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (Yipppeeeeeeeeeee!!!) and they weren't interested in my marriage certificate, I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > even offered it to the guy but he said he didn't want it, just the decree[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > absolute.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Denis[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > -----[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.[/usenetquote2]