U.K. Souse Visa: Communication evidence advice

Old May 13th 2019, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

ms1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.K. Souse Visa: Communication evidence advice

My husband and I contact via what’s app which was registered to his Irish number. On return to Pakistan he had retained the Irish number on what’s app... And of course we’re still in contact via what’s app on his Irish number

Two options:
1) we continue with the Irish number and explain in the supporting information that the number on what’s app remains the same but evidently were in contact

2) he changes his number on what’s app to the Pakistani one to make it easier to see that the communication has continued even on his return

What would you advise?

Secondly, our solicitor is asking to evidence that our numbers belong to each other which will be difficult to do for him as he had an Irish PAYG and whilst his Pakistani sim is registered via nadra, I’m not sure we can even get a letter. Is this needed?

(When I take screenshots, the screenshots will show his number rather than name)

Any clarity or previous experience is greatly appreciated.
Old May 13th 2019, 6:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K. Souse Visa: Communication evidence advice

Originally Posted by ms1993
(When I take screenshots, the screenshots will show his number rather than name)
It shouldn't do, assuming he's in your phone contacts then it'll come up as his name rather than his number. Which will also mean it doesn't matter what number he's using.

Welcome to BE btw.
Old May 13th 2019, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It shouldn't do, assuming he's in your phone contacts then it'll come up as his name rather than his number. Which will also mean it doesn't matter what number he's using.

Welcome to BE btw.
Thank you!

Yes you’re right - the name does show but I’ve deleted his name to show the number.

I seem to get conflicting information on the number/name showing and I’m not sure what it’s best to use as evidence of communication!

Does it reslly matter?

Thinkig what’s app wise, I can take a picture of his contact card and his number will be there anyway along side his name but it seems everyone has their own preference / view with no clarity on what’s best
Old May 13th 2019, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Does it reslly matter?
I doubt it very much, but the forum pros will be along to advise shortly.

Good luck.
Old May 13th 2019, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is Chinese, I am British. For reasons related to my work, I had mobile phones with numbers in France, Hong Kong and Bangladesh, which showed up on our various chats. This made no difference (in any event, she successfully obtained her spouse visa!) and I think that this is a very small issue if everything else in the application looks OK.
Old May 13th 2019, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
My wife is Chinese, I am British. For reasons related to my work, I had mobile phones with numbers in France, Hong Kong and Bangladesh, which showed up on our various chats. This made no difference (in any event, she successfully obtained her spouse visa!) and I think that this is a very small issue if everything else in the application looks OK.
Thank you for your response. I’m glad to hear it went well!

Could I ask: when you took screenshots (assuming what’s app) did you leave your wife’s name or did you delete so that the number showed?
Old May 14th 2019, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

in our application we kept names and number never showed for conversations. However we had video calls and voice calls, and when we made print screen of those then both name and number showed.
Old May 14th 2019, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response. I’m glad to hear it went well!

Could I ask: when you took screenshots (assuming what’s app) did you leave your wife’s name or did you delete so that the number showed?
We didn't in fact use WhatsApp, but we didn't edit anything from the chat records, we just enclosed a very small number of pages just as they appeared on the screen. Like I said, I get the feeling that chat records are not such a big deal if everything else stacks up, so I really wouldn't worry (although I know that everyone does worry....) !
Old May 14th 2019, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all

I’ve chosen to go with number only - hopefully that will be okay.

Could i I check with you the following evidence to be submitted to satisfy genuine and subsisting relationship?

Conversations from when we were first introduced (although unfortunately I realised last night that I’ve lost call logs from January to April because I didn’t know what’s app only keeps a certain number on iPhone!) will this be ok?? I thankfully saved a bunch of screenshots, maybe 5? But I have nothing for March through to end of April.
My chats are all there but my call logs now start from 29th April (my return was on 23 April)

- Pictures of my engagement with his family members present (although he wasn’t there)
- 1 FaceTime screenshot when we first started talking
- All calls, FaceTime, messages after my return
- Pictures of our Nikkah
- Pictures of our two week period after marriage, some including with his family
- hotel receipt for our stay in Lahore
- taxi receipts (uber) and food receipts during this time
- Two email receipts of gifts sent to me but they’re addressed to me since he did an online delivery
- Wedding ring receipt for me
- Work card with well wishes
- Mine and my mum’s boarding pass and ticket summary
- My uncle / auntie boarding and passport copy with entry/exit stamp (they went with us, so I’m hoping they have still retained)

Money transfer receipts me to him isn’t applicable as it isn’t the norm in our culture

it is worth noting that this was a traditional arranged marriage but with consent. I’m not sure what else I can submit to evidence this aspect?