Switching Spouse Visa

Old Dec 19th 2017, 11:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switching Spouse Visa

I have two questions:

1) Did the OP inform the Home Office that his marriage had ended after receiving his decree absolute?

2) What was the length of time between the decree absolute being issued for the first marriage and the ceremony for the second marriage?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

usmanak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
While you might have obtained permission to marry from the HO, I really do not see how you can apply from within the UK.
Hi sandiego, a lawyer told me that i can as i am married to a british national now. Don't you think that its against the humanitarian laws if they don't allow it.

Upon divorcing you should have left the country, if you could not switch to another visa i.e Ancestry, Work visa, Study visa etc.
My visa is still valid and i didn't get any letter from HO asking me to leave before my visa expires . That's why i didn't leave.

You CAN apply to switch to a spouse visa from within the UK if you are in the UK under another visa i.e Ancestry, Work visa, Study visa etc. You are not.
Yeah, i read on that and agree with it that under normal circumstances that should be the case but exceptions are out there and unfortunately my case is an exception. That's why i came here on this forum for help.

I think you will find that applying for a spouse visa in your situation will either result in you automatically realizing as you complete the application form that you are not eligible OR the application will be processed and subsequently fail.
I called HO yesterday and they told me that i can use premium service but as they didn't provide any detail on it. I am dumb founded at the moment.

So, do you think i should consult a lawyer and lodge application through the lawyer or should i go for premium (one day) service ?

I mean with lawyer they are gonna do the same thing , aren't they ? Take up the details and then investigate , Same they can do if i go myself using premium service . Right ?

Thanks for the detailed answer . Much appreciated
Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usmanak
So, do you think i should consult a lawyer and lodge application through the lawyer or should i go for premium (one day) service ?
Consulting a lawyer and using the premium service are two quite separate things. It is not a case of one or the other.

You refer to "lodging an application", but what application, what forms, are you even able to from within the country?

Honestly, your replies indicate that you are confused and there are indications that you could be headed for very real problems. That is why I and others advise you to consult a lawyer. That is the only way you will understand your current status and what your future options may be.

Good luck!
Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Consulting a lawyer and using the premium service are two quite separate things. It is not a case of one or the other.

You refer to "lodging an application", but what application, what forms, are you even able to from within the country?

Honestly, your replies indicate that you are confused and there are indications that you could be headed for very real problems. That is why I and others advise you to consult a lawyer. That is the only way you will understand your current status and what your future options may be.

Good luck!

Hi midAtlantic, Thanks for the reply. Yeah i understand , as a last resort, would have to consult some other lawyer . The one i contacted asked me to lodge the application and see what happens.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi midAtlantic, Thanks for the reply. Yeah i understand , as a last resort, would have to consult some other lawyer . The one i contacted asked me to lodge the application and see what happens.
Hint: if BritinParis has asked you a couple of questions, they will be pertinent and it would be wise to answer them. He's our absolute immi guru so if you do answer them then he may be able to help.

Good luck.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tip christmasoompa.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I have two questions:

1) Did the OP inform the Home Office that his marriage had ended after receiving his decree absolute?

2) What was the length of time between the decree absolute being issued for the first marriage and the ceremony for the second marriage?

Hi BritInParis, I couldn't understand what you meant by 'OP' , i didn't inform the HO . I was given divorce by my Ex so i thought that she must have informed the HO. I am not sure if she did or didn't . I didn't recieve any email/ letter from HO. All i know is i am on a valid visa which is still on going.

It's a bit over an year ago that i got divorced . And i got married very recently.

As i have already explained, the registration office did send our marriage registration request application along with the docs to HO. which included my divorce certificate as well.

And after the wait of 70 days, got acceptance from HO to go ahead.

Thanks.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis, I couldn't understand what you meant by 'OP'
OP = Original Poster i.e. you.

HTH.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 1:25 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis, I couldn't understand what you meant by 'OP' , i didn't inform the HO . I was given divorce by my Ex so i thought that she must have informed the HO. I am not sure if she did or didn't . I didn't recieve any email/ letter from HO. All i know is i am on a valid visa which is still on going.

It's a bit over an year ago that i got divorced . And i got married very recently.

As i have already explained, the registration office did send our marriage registration request application along with the docs to HO. which included my divorce certificate as well.

Thanks.
Whats with the acting as if none of this is your responsibility and assuming other people should have done things and contacted you?

There was a link posted in post #9. Have you read it?

You certainly are not 'on a valid visa which is still ongoing'. When you got divorced you should have notified the HO and applied for another visa or left the country.

Can only hope they reject whatever application you are planning to make and deport you.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by az2014
Whats with the acting as if none of this is your responsibility and assuming other people should have done things and contacted you?

There was a link posted in post #9. Have you read it?

You certainly are not 'on a valid visa which is still ongoing'. When you got divorced you should have notified the HO and applied for another visa or left the country.

Can only hope they reject whatever application you are planning to make and deport you.
There's this thing called decency and manners . You certainly don't seem to have any. No one asked you to be rude . if you don't have any positive thing to say , better stay out of discussion instead of polluting this post with your filth.

You can hope whatever you like.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 2:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
It was your responsibility to inform the Home Office that your marriage had ended. As your visa was reliant on your marriage to your sponsor then it would have become invalid as soon as your divorce was granted. SanDiegogirl has provided the link to the relevant information in this regard in Post #9. If you had married again very shortly after your divorce was granted then it may have been possible for you to be sponsored for a second spouse visa from within the UK by your new wife providing that you both met the relevant requirements. Since it has been more than a year I cannot predict how the Home Office would now react to receiving a FLR(M) application from you with a different sponsor presuming you are able to marry as planned.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It was your responsibility to inform the Home Office that your marriage had ended. As your visa was reliant on your marriage to your sponsor then it would have become invalid as soon as your divorce was granted. SanDiegogirl has provided the link to the relevant information in this regard in Post #9. If you had married again very shortly after your divorce was granted then it may have been possible for you to be sponsored for a second spouse visa from within the UK by your new wife providing that you both met the relevant requirements. Since it has been more than a year I cannot predict how the Home Office would now react to receiving a FLR(M) application from you with a different sponsor presuming you are able to marry as planned.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated. Just a quick question. Don't you think that if they had any objection, they would had raised it when i applied for marriage registration. They didn't raise any objection. In fact, the letter i got from them stated that i have complied with the investigation. Although they didn't call for the interview or anything, i believe that they must have done some internal investigation and background checks.

Thanks
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated. Just a quick question. Don't you think that if they had any objection, they would had raised it when i applied for marriage registration. They didn't raise any objection. In fact, the letter i got from them stated that i have complied with the investigation. Although they didn't call for the interview or anything, i believe that they must have done some internal investigation and background checks.

Thanks
Did you provide information that you were in the country under immigration control i.e your stay was dependent on your initial spouse visa?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Did you provide information that you were in the country under immigration control i.e your stay was dependent on your initial spouse visa?
As i don't have the British passport, that's why they have this process in place that takes 70 days. I was asked during the initial interview at the registration office where i also presented my divorce certificate . Then they sent those docs over to HO.

Got reply from HO after 70 days wait that i have complied with the investigation.

Thanks.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If one looks at the Further Leave to Remain (M) form, it requires considerable information regarding one's living situation with the original sponsor; and one has to provide documentation evidence of continuously living together, joint responsibilities, financial requirements etc.

All those aspects which prove one has a genuine relationship which has been in place during the 2.5 years of the initial spouse visa.

You divorced after a year of marriage and has subsequently re-married.

Personally, I cannot see how you can apply for FLR(M), based on your original spouse visa, under these circumstances, as you do not fulfill any of the criteria to be eligible to do so.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Everything SanDiegogirl has said is correct. BritInParis has also provided excellent information. You should listen rather than trying to figure out how to get around the rules. Lawyers are notorious for giving incorrect advice as are some of the so-called immigration consultant agencies.

Lots of folks think they have an 'exceptional' situation. With all due respect, you do not. You will NOT be granted a visa if you do not meet the criteria.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.