Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fiance

Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fiance

Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fiance

Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fiance Visa.

1) Fill the form on government website

2) Said “yes” to 2 years of correspondence letters (provided letter saying we are switching from Fiancé visa)

3) Print and sign all the declaration forms

4) Government website gives an option of “new” and “old” way of applying

5) We choose “new”

6) Pay for NHS

7) Government website redirects you to https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/ (sopra steria)

8) You receive email with some digits to confirm your email, and you are signed up automatically, you choose your password too.

9) You put your postcode and shows free and charged document scanning/biometric locations

10) We couldn’t find any slot initially not even next 10 days. In some locations only paid ones were available and prices were £100-£200.

11) After going back and forth between locations looking for free appointment, we managed to book one for free in core centre in Croydon for next working day *magic*

12) Appointment was at 12:00, we were there 11:30, they let us in, gave us ticket number for biometrics, very easy do it yourself machine.

13) Then you get another ticket to queue for document scanning

14) Took another 30 mins of waiting to be seen.

15) We did not upload scans of supporting documents at home, and got worried that we might have to pay, but no charge.

16) Scanning person initially asks for mandatory documents that were listed when you fill out the government form. Then asks if there are anything else we would like to submit.

17) We gave everything we had and they scanned.

18) Scanner failed few times, but they made it work.

19) Application submitted at 13:00 Monday

20) Next day (Tuesday) at 14:45 email received from case worker – Application successful, visa granted and said biometrics card will come shortly.

21) Overall, people at sopra steria were super super nice, polite, they smiled and tried to help.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sjm417 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fian

Hi Nora,

Congratulations on your successful application. I am in the process of doing exactly the same and my appointment is in 9 days in Birmingham. I would highly appreciate if you can provide a list of every document you submitted so I’m sure I have not missed anything.

Best regards,
Old Jan 9th 2019, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fian

Originally Posted by Sjm417
Hi Nora,

Congratulations on your successful application. I am in the process of doing exactly the same and my appointment is in 9 days in Birmingham. I would highly appreciate if you can provide a list of every document you submitted so I’m sure I have not missed anything.

Best regards,
Sure:

Applicant's passport
Declarations
Sponsorship form

Marriage Certificate (original)

Sponsor's Passport (British)

6 months payslips
6 months banks statements
P60
Annual Tax Review Letter
Signed employment Contract
Letter from employer stating title, employment type, start date and salary.

Land Registry
Mortgage agreement letter and mortgage start date with monthly amount from the Bank
Letter from Solicitor on successful completion of contract exchange
A letter from DVLA

Letter to Home Office confirming that we are switching from fiance visa therefore no correspondence letter covering for past 2 years.
Joint letter from Council Tax
Letter to Applicant for Electricity and gas bill
Letter to Applicant from Bank
Letter to sponsor for Water bill
Letter to sponsor for Internet&phone bill
Letter to sponsor for successfully registration for vote

Personal Statement from Applicant
Personal Statement from Sponsor

Supporting letter from applicants sister with passport copy
Supporting letter from sponsor's mother with passport copy

Pictures from the start of the relationship till wedding
Various boarding cards and visas
Whatsapp chats
Whatsapp calls
Cards from family and friends
Old Jan 9th 2019, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sjm417 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your help.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nora_
Switching to Spouse visa (2.5) after initial entry clearance granted as Fiance Visa.

1) Fill the form on government website

2) Said “yes” to 2 years of correspondence letters (provided letter saying we are switching from Fiancé visa)

3) Print and sign all the declaration forms

4) Government website gives an option of “new” and “old” way of applying

5) We choose “new”

6) Pay for NHS

7) Government website redirects you to https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/ (sopra steria)

8) You receive email with some digits to confirm your email, and you are signed up automatically, you choose your password too.

9) You put your postcode and shows free and charged document scanning/biometric locations

10) We couldn’t find any slot initially not even next 10 days. In some locations only paid ones were available and prices were £100-£200.

11) After going back and forth between locations looking for free appointment, we managed to book one for free in core centre in Croydon for next working day *magic*

12) Appointment was at 12:00, we were there 11:30, they let us in, gave us ticket number for biometrics, very easy do it yourself machine.

13) Then you get another ticket to queue for document scanning

14) Took another 30 mins of waiting to be seen.

15) We did not upload scans of supporting documents at home, and got worried that we might have to pay, but no charge.

16) Scanning person initially asks for mandatory documents that were listed when you fill out the government form. Then asks if there are anything else we would like to submit.

17) We gave everything we had and they scanned.

18) Scanner failed few times, but they made it work.

19) Application submitted at 13:00 Monday

20) Next day (Tuesday) at 14:45 email received from case worker – Application successful, visa granted and said biometrics card will come shortly.

21) Overall, people at sopra steria were super super nice, polite, they smiled and tried to help.
Hi congrats..can i ask how much it cost all in all? did u do priority?thnx cos i will apply soon ..thnx
Old Jan 10th 2019, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

@chris02

Hi Chris, Yes, we did priority 24h. it was:
1) £1,662.20 (this includes fee for biometrics and £610 for priority)
2) £500 for NHS

All together: £2,162.20
Old Jan 10th 2019, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

@chris02

Hi Chris, Yes, we did priority 24h. it was:
1) £1,662.20 (this includes fee for biometrics and £610 for priority)
2) £500 for NHS

All together: £2,162.20
How many proof of address u join together in u both name..cos we seen other people they said 6 proof of add that they joining there name together..cos my husband try to put my name on coucil tax they said i cant join name unless im join name also in my husband properties..thnx..u lucky cos u didnt pay ihs double..cos ihs fee is double
now.how many days remaining on u wife fiance visa before she apply the spouse visa?thnx
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris02

How many proof of address u join together in u both name..cos we seen other people they said 6 proof of add that they joining there name together..cos my husband try to put my name on coucil tax they said i cant join name unless im join name also in my husband properties..thnx..u lucky cos u didnt pay ihs double..cos ihs fee is double
now.how many days remaining on u wife fiance visa before she apply the spouse visa?thnx
I'm the wife, I'm sponsoring my husband who is the applicant

I just called and said I want to add my husband to my council Tax, lady on the phone just asked his name and surname and age. New council tax letter with joint name came few days after. I guess we were lucky?

I guess it depends on your situation how many proof of address you provide. In our case we never lived together before we married. Also as we were switching to spouse visa from fiance visa, we did not really need to provide required amount. But probably at least one for each to show that both people are living there. Nevertheless, we provided 1 letter joint name and few separate ones with a letter explaining why we are not required to submit 6 each or 6 joint.

I just realised about NHS price increase from 8th of January. That's crazy. But I guess we will have to pay £400 for each year after 2.5 years. It's hit after hit. Such an expensive, long process, real test of love.

We had exactly 3 month left on his visa when we applied.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

I just called and said I want to add my husband to my council Tax, lady on the phone just asked his name and surname and age. New council tax letter with joint name came few days after. I guess we were lucky?

I guess it depends on your situation how many proof of address you provide. In our case we never lived together before we married. Also as we were switching to spouse visa from fiance visa, we did not really need to provide required amount. But probably at least one for each to show that both people are living there. Nevertheless, we provided 1 letter joint name and few separate ones with a letter explaining why we are not required to submit 6 each or 6 joint.

I just realised about NHS price increase from 8th of January. That's crazy. But I guess we will have to pay £400 for each year after 2.5 years. It's hit after hit. Such an expensive, long process, real test of love.

Really my husband try to do that ring the council tax and they ask to submit our merried certificate..then he submit then the council
email
my husband saying they cant joint my name..im in fiancee visa too we just get maried oct 31.and i tought we can apply spouse visa only 28 days before expiration of fiancee visa
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Really my husband try to do that ring the council tax and they ask to submit our merried certificate..then he submit then the council
email
my husband saying they cant joint my name..im in fiancee visa too we just get maried oct 31.and i tought we can apply spouse visa only 28 days before expiration of fiancee visa
yes if i apply my spouse visa i need to pay double ihs
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

i came uk as fiance visa i arrived uk sept 12 2018.we get married oct 31 2018..my fiance visa expired feb 24 2018..and the website it says i can switch my fiance visa to spouse visa 28 days before my current visa expired.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

email
No, you can apply anytime after you get married, and to be honest you should apply as soon as you get married because your legal martial status change and purpose of the fiance visa to get married and apply for spouse visa.

Also, sooner you apply less "new" financial documents you have to collect.

Regarding council tax, I would suggest for your husband to give them a call again, and ask again. I did very quick search and couldn't see anything saying spouses have to be on mortgage or own property for council tax.

I read on gov.uk that married people are separately responsible for paying council tax, and it's only normal if you receive one letter with joint names. Alternatively, even if you receive separate letters addressed to each of you separately, then it should be fine by the government. You don't HAVE TO provide joint correspondence letters, you can provide separate ones too.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

i came uk as fiance visa i arrived uk sept 12 2018.we get married oct 31 2018..my fiance visa expired feb 24 2018..and the website it says i can switch my fiance visa to spouse visa 28 days before my current visa expired.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

No, you can apply anytime after you get married, and to be honest you should apply as soon as you get married because your legal martial status change and purpose of the fiance visa to get married and apply for spouse visa.

Also, sooner you apply less "new" financial documents you have to collect.

Regarding council tax, I would suggest for your husband to give them a call again, and ask again. I did very quick search and couldn't see anything saying spouses have to be on mortgage or own property for council tax.

I read on gov.uk that married people are separately responsible for paying council tax, and it's only normal if you receive one letter with joint names. Alternatively, even if you receive separate letters addressed to each of you separately, then it should be fine by the government. You don't HAVE TO provide joint correspondence letters, you can provide separate ones too.
ha ok thank you very much..cos we manage to registerd in the clinic to have Gp we join name utility bill water phone bill and i have bank acct...really tricky to apply visa..when did u apply yours..and can i ask where country is u husband cos me in frm Philippines and my hisbad british..thanks for the time
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ha ok thank you very much..cos we manage to registerd in the clinic to have Gp we join name utility bill water phone bill and i have bank acct...really tricky to apply visa..when did u apply yours..and can i ask where country is u husband cos me in frm Philippines and my hisbad british..thanks for the time
Applied this Monday.
he is from Azerbaijan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.