Wikiposts

Surinder Singh via Spain [Extremely low income]

Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Surinder Singh via Spain [Extremely low income]

Hi guys

I'm planning a move to Spain in order to exercise Treaty Rights before taking my civil partner back to the UK under Surinder Singh. The problem is that I've read the stuff about the costs of being self employed in Spain (about 250 Euro/month in social security and then more in tax). This leads me to estimate that my self-employed income will be really low (of course, I will be using some of my savings also when I'm there).

The question is: if my net salary is only enough to cover out rent, will that be viewed with suspicion when we apply for the EEA Family Permit (under Singh)? Has anyone had experience with this? I'd be interested in hearing about the amounts of money that other people were making when exercising EUTR and then applying for Singh.

Any views would be welcome!

Cheers
CC
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice
Default Re: Surinder Singh via Spain [Extremely low income]

Hi chaoclive, my business didn't make any profit whilst doing the ss route. We barely made enough to cover the business expenses and lived off our savings. We received our FP last week.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Oh Angela...that sounds encouraging!

I guess as long as I can show them that I issue invoices it should be ok!

Cheers
C
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaoclive
Oh Angela...that sounds encouraging!
I guess as long as I can show them that I issue invoices it should be ok!
Cheers C
To be economically active, you need to either spend money on your business (eg advertising) or receive money (eg invoices that actually get paid). Or of course get paid (legal minimum) wages with tax deductions at source.

Either, not both.

Nothing to stop you trading at a loss in an unsustainable way.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! I was really worried that the UKBA would be concerned with my actual amounts of income. This is starting to sound better now

Cheers all
C
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

And it needs to be a legitimate (even if not profitable) business. So to the extent there are local regulations on operating a business I suggest complying with them. Since we are talking about Spain a gestor to help you with VAT (IVA - Impuesto sobre el Valor AƱadido) should produce a quarterly return and hopefully you only will need one of these.

A part time job as a bartender might be easier, the rate of pay is irrelevant and can be derisory, just as long as it's not "under the table".
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok. That's good to know

I'll definitely be reporting back to let everyone know how we get on.

Thanks again.