What to do!

Old Nov 8th 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light
Default What to do!

Our plan was to leave Australia on 24th August as we did.
My wife and kids would spend a few days in Uk then fly to Malta to spend two weeks with her sister
.I have recently with my brother set up a business in the UK and whilst my wife was away get on and run the business.On there return we would then after a few weeks fly to Venezuela (her home country)where I would stay for one week.
We eventually got the kids enrolled in a small school which took some doing but we did.
I left for the Uk which was incredibly tough for all of us even though the kids sees this as an extended holiday.Part of the reason I went to Venezuela was to receive a cheque from my father inlaw who kindly gave us funds so as we have the required amount for the savings route.
I am visiting again for Christmas in about four weeks.Every day I worry that they are safe as the capital is very dangerous.My wife hasn't lived there for twelve years and is finding it very hard as she hasn't her independence any more and is struggling to accept life in this dangerous country, She wants to come back to the UK or Oz in Jan.The aim was for her to stay there with the children until our savings were banked for six months and then we would be able to apply for the spouse visa.
Now we don't know what to do my business at the moment is not paying a wage,We cannot afford to rent anywhere,staying with family is ok temporarily but far too difficult long term.
If she was to come back of course she would have to go back again to apply which is of course more expense.
In hind sight the easiest option was to stay in Oz and apply from there.i had to return so as to move the business forward and now am regretting my actions.
So this is another story of a family being ripped apart by these inhuman immigration rules.

I know I am very lucky to be having the funds to apply for the visa and feel so sad for other families that are not so lucky.
Best of luck to you all.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do!

If your father in law was giving you the money to qualify for the financial requirements, why did you not all stay together in OZ until the 6 months period was up and then apply for the spouse visa?

Relying on a new start up business to provide good steady income in the UK was probably not the best decision.