Wikiposts

Surinder Singh really works

Old Oct 29th 2013, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Clubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really nice
Default Surinder Singh really works

Hello,

We have been reading these forums for a few months, and what great information there is.

We have just entered UK last week using the EEU-FP route aka "Surinder Singh" route.

Every thing went according to plan.

So for any one starting off on this EEU-FP route, don't worry, just make all your documents correct.

Don't leave any thing that can be left open to doubt by the UKBA/embassy of application.
You can never provide too much supporting information, present them with overwhelming proof and evidence.
Double check every thing, cross check every thing matches with your dates and where you are.

Good luck

Clubman
Old Oct 30th 2013, 2:12 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surinder Singh really works

Originally Posted by Clubman
Hello,

We have been reading these forums for a few months, and what great information there is.

We have just entered UK last week using the EEU-FP route aka "Surinder Singh" route.

So for any one starting off on this EEU-FP route, don't worry, just make all your documents correct.

Don't leave any thing that can be left open to doubt by the UKBA/embassy of application.
You can never provide too much supporting information, present them with overwhelming proof and evidence.
Double check every thing, cross check every thing matches with your dates and where you are.

Good luck

Clubman
That's great news Clubman, glad that the experience of other members was helpful for you.

It would be great if you could "pass it forward" as it were, by sharing your experiences so it could help other members.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clubman

That's great. I would recommend that the non-EEA spouse applies for a residence card is they haven't already. It's not mandatory, but could potentially save hassle - they do charge £55 for it though, but considering the Family Permit was free of charge, it's not really a huge outlay.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Clubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really niceClubman is just really nice

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
That's great. I would recommend that the non-EEA spouse applies for a residence card is they haven't already. It's not mandatory, but could potentially save hassle - they do charge £55 for it though, but considering the Family Permit was free of charge, it's not really a huge outlay.
That is on our "to do" list.

But first we need to get our own permanent address first, we are just both in one of my family's houses for now, lucky they have a big house.

He (we) went to the job center plus, and asked about a national insurance number.
So they gave us a phone number to ring, which we did, and an application for is winging it's way to us.

Clubman
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

JMS1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum, but in April I was denied a spouse/marriage visa. I'm from the US and my husband is from the UK, been married over 3 years but we fell just short of the financial requirement, so were refused.

Now, we're living and working in Prague and hoping to go the Surinder Singh route. My biggest question is to anyone who can help me out: If we apply for the EEA family permit after only 3 months of working here, will we be granted the permit? I've heard both successes and failures. I still haven't received my working visa for Prague and I've been here 2 months now, so I'm still technically a 'visitor'... anyway, any help is greatly appreciated as we definitely do not want another refusal! Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JMS1990
Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum, but in April I was denied a spouse/marriage visa. I'm from the US and my husband is from the UK, been married over 3 years but we fell just short of the financial requirement, so were refused.

Now, we're living and working in Prague and hoping to go the Surinder Singh route. My biggest question is to anyone who can help me out: If we apply for the EEA family permit after only 3 months of working here, will we be granted the permit? I've heard both successes and failures. I still haven't received my working visa for Prague and I've been here 2 months now, so I'm still technically a 'visitor'... anyway, any help is greatly appreciated as we definitely do not want another refusal! Thanks in advance.
The SS is nothing to do with you working.
You can just stay in bed all day
It's up to your wife (UK citizen) to do all the working.
It doesn't matter what visa you arrived in Europe on, that visa was only needed for you to enter Europe.
It can expire, it makes no difference as you are married to a European citizen, which is better than being married to a UK citizen
When you wife is not in her home country, she is then first and foremost a European citizen, then a UK citizen second.

What you both need to do, before the initial 3 months of entry, is to register your residential living place, if that's required in your host country.

Your wife need go out to work for 12 weeks minimum.
You both need to live in the host country for 3 months minimum.

Then hop on-line to Worldbridge, the visa handlers.
It's a free application.
They are official Partner for UK Visa Applications in Czech Republic.

You (the non-EU person) will need to visit Worldbridge to have fingerprints and photos taken.

Take your (both) renting contract, your wife's working contract, take your marriage certs, in English.

It doesn't matter if your visa expires, you can apply for an EU-FP even after your visa expires.

Take loads of proof that you have history together,

Good luck

Club.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 10:55 am
Just Joined

SgtBullmoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm the Canadian fiancé of an English citizen. We're moving to Berlin in January 2014 because she needs to do doctoral research there. We want to move back to the UK in September 2014. How can Surinder Singh help us both be able to do so?

Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Bullmoose,

I believe for SS, there is the marriage requirement, I am pretty sure fiancé status isn't sufficient.

Club.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:26 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SgtBullmoose
Hi I'm the Canadian fiancé of an English citizen. We're moving to Berlin in January 2014 because she needs to do doctoral research there. We want to move back to the UK in September 2014. How can Surinder Singh help us both be able to do so?
Another item to research is your UKC fiancee's status while in Germany. If she is classed as a student, that will not suffice for the Singh Route. The UKC must be employed, working a certain number of hours, and paying tax in the EU country, in order to qualify as exercising EU treaty rights for Singh....
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
The UKC must be employed, working a certain number of hours, and paying tax in the EU country, in order to qualify as exercising EU treaty rights for Singh....
I believe the UK citizen can also be self-employed while exercising treaty rights and still be able to apply via the Surinder Singh route. I'm not sure if there are any requirements of number of hours in the operational instructions.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 9:35 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the UK citizen can also be self-employed while exercising treaty rights and still be able to apply via the Surinder Singh route.
Correct, both working for someone else and self-employment are fine for the Singh Route. Both are valid "employment".

However, the poster SgtBullmoose was asking about his doctoral student wife, and I urged him to research further, as being classified as a student will not qualify.

I'm not sure if there are any requirements of number of hours in the operational instructions.
Have you read post #32 of AngelaV's thread about going the Singh Route?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=804420&page=3
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Have you read post #32 of AngelaV's thread about going the Singh Route?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=804420&page=3
As I said, I don't think the number of hours worked is in the operational instructions published on the UKBA site - the only requirement in those instructions regarding to work is that it's not of a transient or casual basis. How that is determined is not specified, and I wouldn't be surprised if the requirements have got more strict since the spouse visa rules changed.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:02 am
Under blue skies

As I said, I don't think the number of hours worked is in the operational instructions published on the UKBA site - the only requirement in those instructions regarding to work is that it's not of a transient or casual basis. How that is determined is not specified, and I wouldn't be surprised if the requirements have got more strict since the spouse visa rules changed.
Oh you didn't mention UKBA originally. No, UKBA does not specify the number of hours to be worked.

But AngelaV's post in the thread I linked above gives evidence of what is acceptable for Singh and not acceptable in terms of hours worked. She mentions some cases that have happened recently.

A minimum of 12 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months seems to be best for acceptance by UKBA.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh you didn't mention UKBA originally. No, UKBA does not specify the number of hours to be worked.
I said in the operational instructions but left off UKBA.

The actual requirements may change depending on internal instructions that are not made public, and with the rather fluffy "transient" used it's quite possible the minimum they want to see could get extended. It would not be a big surprise if that did happen.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:25 am
Under blue skies

The actual requirements may change depending on internal instructions that are not made public, and with the rather fluffy "transient" used it's quite possible the minimum they want to see could get extended. It would not be a big surprise if that did happen.
Agreed! UKBA love to leave certain things annoyingly vague.

I think the best way to guage the necessary hours/months to be worked is to keep an eye on those who are actually doing the Singh Route at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.