Successful UKM application

Old Dec 30th 2015, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Baron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Successful UKM application

Hi to all and especially to BritinParis.

I received my letter from HO stating my application for British citizenship is successful.

As they say in this neck of the woods "a big shout out for BritinParis".
Can't thank you enough mate for letting me know about this route.
The entire process was under 2 months.

Once again, thanks BritinParis.
Old Dec 30th 2015, 10:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successful UKM application

You're very welcome - glad to hear your application was a success!

Original thread for others' reference: http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...d-info-863717/
Old Dec 30th 2015, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again.

I would appreciate your input on this matter.
My sister got her spouse visa earlier this year and is currently residing in the UK.
Even though she has a spouse visa can she apply for UKM.
Obviously UKM will be a lot easier and hassle free for her as she wouldn't have to go through process in 2 years time again.
Thanks.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 4:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baron
Thanks again.

I would appreciate your input on this matter.
My sister got her spouse visa earlier this year and is currently residing in the UK.
Even though she has a spouse visa can she apply for UKM.
Obviously UKM will be a lot easier and hassle free for her as she wouldn't have to go through process in 2 years time again.
Thanks.
Yes, your sister can do the same application from within the UK. It would actually be easier as she can attend her citizenship ceremony at her local council offices. Once she is a British citizen then her spouse visa becomes void and she can just apply for her British passport with an application form she can pick up from the Post Office.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Sandra Archangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BritInParis,

Could you perhaps assist me? i am stressing and i am sure it is for nothing.

My mother as well as grandparents were all born in the UK and i have their full British birth certificates but before my mom could apply for a Passport, they all moved to South Africa. She was 7 years old. I have now applied for British Citizenship and Passport via UKM etc. Do you think this could hinder my outcome?

Timeline:

Eligibility criteria: UKM (decent by Mum, and born before 1983)
Method of application: Through a company called Move Up in Cape Town South Africa
Date of sent to Liverpool office: Completed 15 August 2015 but only couriered 1 September 2015
Date of receipt by UK Liverpool HO: 03/09/2015
Date of debit of fees: not sure as the funds were taken from Move Up but they confirmed it was taken
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Never received anything
Date of Biometric Enrollment: Received a letter on the 21st but dated 5 October 15. Had the (B/E) done 2 November 2015
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

My sons are already in the UK and i am anxious to get to them. My one son went in with an Ancestral Visa and the other has a EU passport. (Portuguese)

Thanks
Sandra
Old Feb 8th 2016, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sandra Archangel
Hi BritInParis,

Could you perhaps assist me? i am stressing and i am sure it is for nothing.

My mother as well as grandparents were all born in the UK and i have their full British birth certificates but before my mom could apply for a Passport, they all moved to South Africa. She was 7 years old. I have now applied for British Citizenship and Passport via UKM etc. Do you think this could hinder my outcome?

Timeline:

Method of application: Through a company called Move Up in Cape Town South Africa
Date of sent to Liverpool office: Completed 15 August 2015 but only couriered 1 September 2015
Date of debit of fees: not sure as the funds were taken from Move Up but they confirmed it was taken
Date of Biometric Enrollment: Received a letter on the 21st but dated 5 October 15. Had the (B/E) done 2 November 2015
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

My sons are already in the UK and i am anxious to get to them. My one son went in with an Ancestral Visa and the other has a EU passport. (Portuguese)

Thanks
Sandra
Processing times can vary but count on three to six months. Going through a third party is a personal choice but will invariably slow things down as there's a middle man to go through. Throw in the Christmas holidays and you're probably where you should be. Give it another month.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. Ya I will give it another month.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Processing times can vary but count on three to six months. Going through a third party is a personal choice but will invariably slow things down as there's a middle man to go through. Throw in the Christmas holidays and you're probably where you should be. Give it another month.
Yay i got my email today.

Date of receipt of approval: Received email today - APPROVED
Date of Ceremony: 29 February 2016
Old Apr 8th 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

matkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra, how did your ceremony go?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by matkirk
Hi Sandra, how did your ceremony go?
Hi Matkirk,

The ceremony was great and about 10 days later i received my Passport via courier. I am so happy to have this all behind me now. The long wait is over and i am set to go.

How far have you come with yours?

Sandra
Old Apr 8th 2016, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Timeline:

Date of receipt of approval: 19 February 2016
Date of Ceremony: 29 February 2016
Date of Passport application: 1 March 2016
Date Passport received: 10 March 2016
Old Apr 8th 2016, 11:10 am
Just Joined

matkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud of

Sandra, mine was approved a month ago. However I was told it would take up to 12 weeks to get the ceremony invitation (I'm in Cape Town). I see by your timeline that yours was 10 days from approval to ceremony!!
Old Apr 8th 2016, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by matkirk
Sandra, mine was approved a month ago. However I was told it would take up to 12 weeks to get the ceremony invitation (I'm in Cape Town). I see by your timeline that yours was 10 days from approval to ceremony!!
I am also in Cape Town. The day i was approved, i received my invite. 5 min later via email. Check your spam folder. i found my email there. i then went for the ceremony, and applied for my passport the following day. 10 days later the courier was at my house with the package. Are you working through a 3rd party?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 11:53 am
Just Joined

I did mine through Philip Gamble. All the correspondence I've received has always been through them. I should probably just ask them to follow up! Getting impatient now! Lol! Did the consulate give you a choice of dates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.