Spouse visas and the luck factor

Old Jan 26th 2017, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Mattjspencer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visas and the luck factor

I've heard some rumors that although presenting a good application for a spouse visa will increase your chances, the likelihood of a successful application also depends on how many other people have applied. So in other words, only a limited amount of people will be accepted and if you have one of the weaker applications then you'll probably be refused, despite meeting all the requirements.

Is this true, or is it just a nasty rumor?
Old Jan 26th 2017, 2:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visas and the luck factor

Absolutely not true.

I don't know where you read or heard that, but I suggest you don't go back there again!
Old Jan 26th 2017, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Absolutely not true.

I don't know where you read or heard that, but I suggest you don't go back there again!
So just to be clear, if my wife and I meet all the requirements will her visa be accepted?
Old Jan 26th 2017, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

If you meet the requirements, there is no reason to believe the application will be refused. But you must make sure that the supporting documents are submitted and are in the correct format. For instance, even if you know that you meet the financial requirement, if you miss out a bank statement or a corresponding payslip, you could be refused on the grounds that you do not, in fact, meet the requirement. I am not saying this to alarm you but to just make sure that the form is filled correctly and that all your documents are in order. Certainly the rumour you heard is not true!
Old Jan 26th 2017, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
If you meet the requirements, there is no reason to believe the application will be refused. But you must make sure that the supporting documents are submitted and are in the correct format. For instance, even if you know that you meet the financial requirement, if you miss out a bank statement or a corresponding payslip, you could be refused on the grounds that you do not, in fact, meet the requirement. I am not saying this to alarm you but to just make sure that the form is filled correctly and that all your documents are in order. Certainly the rumour you heard is not true!
Got it. Thanks michali
Old Jan 26th 2017, 9:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattjspencer
So just to be clear, if my wife and I meet all the requirements will her visa be accepted?
Yes, and to be clear, there are no caps on the availability spouse visas.

As Michali said, it is incumbent on the applicant to submit the required forms and supporting documentation to prove that they do, indeed, meet the visa requirements.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just to reiterate what others have said, the spouse visa route is not capped. there is no 'luck factor', you either meet the requirements or not. If you do, and you can provide the requisite evidence, your visa will be granted; if not your application will be refused.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys.