Spouse Visa Valid time

Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Desperate wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Valid time

I am extremely desperate, was granted an spouse visa, but it's only valid for a MONTH! I'm mexican, and very desperate cause I don't know any number to contact, it's supposed to be 2.5 years! Has anyone gone through this, or knows what to do, what number to call, or email to contact ?! Please I need help.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Valid time

That is perfectly normal. You have a 30 day window to enter the UK after which you will have 10 days to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from a Post Office. Your BRP will be valid for 2.5 years.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

acaguk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Desperate wife
I am extremely desperate, was granted an spouse visa, but it's only valid for a MONTH! I'm mexican, and very desperate cause I don't know any number to contact, it's supposed to be 2.5 years! Has anyone gone through this, or knows what to do, what number to call, or email to contact ?! Please I need help.

Hello, there's nothing to worry about and as BritInParis pointed out, it's a valid-for-one-month vignette that you will use in entering the UK so you'll have to fly to the UK within the period stated in your vignette. You will have to get within 10 days of entering the UK your BRP, which contains the 2.5 years validity (or 33 months validity to be exact, if I'm not mistaken), from the Post Office address you nominated when you submitted your online visa application.

Congratulations on your visa!

Can you let me know please your timeline?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Desperate wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acaguk
Hello, there's nothing to worry about and as BritInParis pointed out, it's a valid-for-one-month vignette that you will use in entering the UK so you'll have to fly to the UK within the period stated in your vignette. You will have to get within 10 days of entering the UK your BRP, which contains the 2.5 years validity (or 33 months validity to be exact, if I'm not mistaken), from the Post Office address you nominated when you submitted your online visa application.

Congratulations on your visa!

Can you let me know please your timeline?

Thanks!
Yes, I've seen it now ! Couldn't find the letter that said the valid time, I got it for five years.

Went to Mx city
20/06/17
First email
5/09/17
Second email
8/09/17
Received visa
14/09/17
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've seen it now ! Couldn't find the letter that said the valid time, I got it for five years.

Went to Mx city
20/06/17
First email
5/09/17
Second email
8/09/17
Received visa
14/09/17
There's nothing to worry about. As explained, go to the UK before the end of the 30 days. Get your permit (Biometric Residence Permit) from the Post Office. That permit lasts for two and a half years for you to live in the UK. Then you need to apply for another two and a half years (so that's 5 years in total). You apply for this one inside the UK, you don't go back to Mexico to do it.
Relax, everything is ok
Old Sep 18th 2017, 8:30 am
Just Joined

acaguk is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to Mx city
20/06/17
First email
5/09/17
Second email
8/09/17
Received visa
14/09/17

Thank you and congratulations once again. When you went to Mexico City, was that when you submitted your visa application form? Or did you use the online visa application system and submitted your application online? If so, when did you submit online your visa application?