Spouse visa ukvi

Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Zweeto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa ukvi

I'm a British national. My husband and his son from his previous marriage have applied for a settlement visa from Kuwait where their both live and have residency permit .

online submission 31/05/2018
biometrics 07/06/2018
Documents sent to sheffield 12/06/2018
Documents returned back to me 19/06/2018
received 2 emails from UKVI both on 2/07/2018
The first email stated that both online applications had been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. The second email was asking us for a IHS payment to be made for my step son as the system wouldn't allow us to pay for it on 31/05/2018 due to system error. We made the IHS payment straightaway on 2/07/2018 and emailed my payment confirmation to the email address provided

since then no updates
They both live in Kuwait on a residency permit. My step son's residency permit expires on 24th September 2018 and needs to be renewed by 14th September 2018. We submitted the online application on 31/05/2018 keeping in mind the 12 week timeline for the process but recently we have heard of delays in processing applications at the UKVI.
I am extremely worried and concerned whether a decision will be made for my husband and step son's application in time for them to travel without having to renew my step son’s residency permit, if the visa is granted within the 12 week timeframe. If not then we would have to request for my step son' passport to be returned to my husband so he can renew his residency permit while the UKVI makes a decision, but I hope this will not affect the outcome of their applications due to the unforeseen delayed circumstances.
I even thought of writing to my local mp if she can get an update on the application.

I'm stressed and don't know what to do...would you be able to advice me on my situation pls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.Contact Us Archive Advertising
Cookie Policy Privacy Statement