Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa - 5 years to ILR

Old Sep 8th 2022, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa - 5 years to ILR

Hi
I am thinking if I should switch visa to avoid the stress/time/money of spouse visa, bno requirements are much easier and cheaper application fee. (yeah, I know unfair ... )
I have asked this question before and I think the answer is no. If the switch happens, the clock will reset , unlike other types of visas (student, working etc), and the 5 years will be counting from the new BNO visa granted date.
I wonder if any rules changed
Thank you!
J
Old Sep 13th 2022, 7:23 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa - 5 years to ILR

The five years to ILR will still reset.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - switch to BN(O) visa - 5 years to ILR

Hi all
Time flies and I am back, counting down 1 month to my visa expiry and looking at my options
Look like there are updates that time under family visa now count towards the ILR

I wonder what else I should consider for making a switch? Or I should just re-apply under BNO visa route. I am happily employed so could apply for a working visa too, but that does seem to tie me up to the employment/company.

I also need to delay the decision to meet my 5 year time frame, as I enter UK on Apr 2021.
Would I be able to choose VAC instead of using the IDCheck app so I could allow for 2months 'delay' ?

Dates
Enter UK - 17Apr2021 -> 5 years to ILR 17Oct2026
Visa expiry - 6Aug2023

Thank you!
yours Stressedly
Jac

Here is the updated guidelines

https://www.gov.uk/british-national-...ntly-in-the-ukYou can count time spent in the UK on any visa that allows you to apply for settlement, as long as your last visa was a BNO visa. For example:
  • Entrepreneur visa
  • Family visa

Last edited by Jac2020; Jul 9th 2023 at 12:59 pm.