Spouse visa - Savings route

Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse visa - Savings route

Hi everyone - can I just get some clarification...if my husband and I opt for the savings route to meet the financial requirement; if we sell the house just prior to applying then will we meet the requirement if we can show the net sale proceeds in the bank account and demonstrate that we have owned the house for the previous few years? Thank you.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - Savings route

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123
Hi everyone - can I just get some clarification...if my husband and I opt for the savings route to meet the financial requirement; if we sell the house just prior to applying then will we meet the requirement if we can show the net sale proceeds in the bank account and demonstrate that we have owned the house for the previous few years? Thank you.
Yes, the 6 months rule does NOT apply to money from a house sale.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Providing you can demonstrate that you owned the house for at least six months prior to its sale and that the proceeds are held as cash savings then you don't have to hold the cash for any further period of time.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Inemed1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

For saving a friend got married , his mum gave him wedding gift of 100k in pounds to buy a house and start life , money has been in account more than 6months
Pls he is apllying for his wife pls what does he need ? Financial requirements asides bank statement