Spouse visa for refugees

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Hassuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa for refugees

Hi there
I'm a refugee
​​​​. I was granted a temporary leave to remain for 5 years with a refugee status. I applied for asylum as a single. Can I bring my wife to the UK by spouse visa?

best Regards
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa for refugees

https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refuge...family-reunion

I understand that you must have received a decision on your asylum application
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hassuna
Hi there
I'm a refugee
​​​​. I was granted a temporary leave to remain for 5 years with a refugee status. I applied for asylum as a single. Can I bring my wife to the UK by spouse visa?

best Regards
I'm confused. Do you have a wife now? Or you're planning on marrying in the future? If you have a wife now then why did you apply for asylum as a single person?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Hassuna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm confused. Do you have a wife now? Or you're planning on marrying in the future? If you have a wife now then why did you apply for asylum as a single person?
Thank you for your reply. I'm planning on marrying in soon future.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the document I linked for you, you will see that an asylum seeker/refugee can apply to bring his spouse and/or children to the UK, based on the fact that the asylum seeker/refugee was separated from them at time of his fleeing his country.

You are planning to marry in the future. This process does not cover your situation. You had no wife at time of your fleeing your country.

Having said that was a case back in 2010 where are refugee won his case to marry and then bring his new wife to the UK

https://www.bakesolicitors.co.uk/pdfs/pub_13.pdf

You'll have to get professional legal advice.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 11:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

How far along are you on your five year LTR?