Spouse Visa question

Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Cockneykiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa question

Hi,
I'm sure this question has been asked many times but, I hope someone can help me with this.
We are planning on moving back to the UK next year but as my wife is an NZ citizen, she requires a Spouse Visa. I have been confirmed a job with the UK office of the company I currently work for in Australia and my proposed salary meets the income requirement of the Spouse Visa. Also, as it is an interoffice transfer, I will have continuity of service, though I'm not sure that will make a difference to the application. My question is, when should we apply for the Visa? I understand my wife cannot be in the UK when we apply but is there a minimum period that I have to be resident in Britain, before applying?
And, I am I right in thinking the Visa: "Apply to join family living permanently in the UK" is the Visa we should be applying for?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa question

You cannot apply more than three months prior to when you anticipate arriving in the UK.

Yes, the "Apply to join family living permanently in the UK" is the visa you need.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You cannot apply more than three months prior to when you anticipate arriving in the UK.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Also, as our children, 19 & 16, are British citizens, is it correct that there will be no additional financial requirement on top of the $18,600?
Old Sep 27th 2016, 9:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cockneykiwi
Thanks for the quick reply.
Also, as our children, 19 & 16, are British citizens, is it correct that there will be no additional financial requirement on top of the $18,600?
That's correct.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 10:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I'm sure this question has been asked many times but, I hope someone can help me with this.
We are planning on moving back to the UK next year but as my wife is an NZ citizen, she requires a Spouse Visa. I have been confirmed a job with the UK office of the company I currently work for in Australia and my proposed salary meets the income requirement of the Spouse Visa. Also, as it is an interoffice transfer, I will have continuity of service, though I'm not sure that will make a difference to the application. My question is, when should we apply for the Visa? I understand my wife cannot be in the UK when we apply but is there a minimum period that I have to be resident in Britain, before applying?
And, I am I right in thinking the Visa: "Apply to join family living permanently in the UK" is the Visa we should be applying for?

Thanks for your help.
No minimum time you need to be in the UK, in fact it is quite possible, and by the look of it, doable all from NZ, then all travel to the UK together, you become a settled person once you have landed. You should apply for your childrens UK passports now so that they can enter on them, saves a few problems.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No minimum time you need to be in the UK, in fact it is quite possible, and by the look of it, doable all from NZ, then all travel to the UK together, you become a settled person once you have landed. You should apply for your childrens UK passports now so that they can enter on them, saves a few problems.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know we can apply before I head to the UK but I will still travel alone a couple of months prior to start work and sort out a rental etc.
Any advice on how to get a credit history quickly once in the UK would be appreciated. Also, as I'm 50 it would be good to hear from any over 50's who have encountered problems getting a mortgage due to their age.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 5:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. It's good to know we can apply before I head to the UK but I will still travel alone a couple of months prior to start work and sort out a rental etc.
Any advice on how to get a credit history quickly once in the UK would be appreciated. Also, as I'm 50 it would be good to hear from any over 50's who have encountered problems getting a mortgage due to their age.
Credit history, get on the electoral roll, get a basic credit card from your bank, and use it.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Your age will not be a barrier to a mortgage ( I'm over 50 ) but the size of your deposit may.

Get a credit card and be a transactor ( not a rotator) is a good way. People always say about mobile contracts but get too many of these, even with a perfect paying record and it starts to go against you ( you said you have kids?).

All the mundane things help a lot. Rent, council tax, car insurance etc.