spouse visa puzzles me :confused:

Old Aug 23rd 2014, 12:09 am
Just Joined

lebart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa puzzles me :confused:

this is my wife's situation and i really need your advices please

my wife is british and she is claiming DLA means she is exempt from financial requirement and we decide to apply for a spouse visa this month.

i have few questions

my wife get :£ 552 DLA each month
£ 146 ESA each week

she spend £10 electric and £10 for gas each week

she has 2 of her kids live with her. 1 is 17 and the other is 22 and they both claim for DLA but they keep their money and they feed them selvs with that also they help my wife each month with about 100 a month

also she has about 2000k as saving in her bank

and my wife's house is 3 bedrooms

so what do you all think please ..do we have the conditions to apply for our visa or no ????

thank u all and i will appreciate your help in this matter
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 3:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa puzzles me :confused:

Originally Posted by lebart
this is my wife's situation and i really need your advices please

my wife is british and she is claiming DLA means she is exempt from financial requirement and we decide to apply for a spouse visa this month.

i have few questions

my wife get :£ 552 DLA each month
£ 146 ESA each week

she spend £10 electric and £10 for gas each week

she has 2 of her kids live with her. 1 is 17 and the other is 22 and they both claim for DLA but they keep their money and they feed them selvs with that also they help my wife each month with about 100 a month

also she has about 2000k as saving in her bank

and my wife's house is 3 bedrooms

so what do you all think please ..do we have the conditions to apply for our visa or no ????http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ima...s/confused.gif

thank u all and i will appreciate your help in this matter
Hi lebart - I am far from the most knowledgeable person on BE in regards to the spouse visa, but I'll give you what I know and hopefully someone else will come along with more/better information.

I'm assuming you're applying from a non-EEA country and you're not living in the UK at the moment? If your situation is different to that, then you'll need to provide more information.

Assuming that you're not from an EEA country and you're not living in the UK with your wife. While it's true that a British sponsor is exempt from the financial requirement if they are receiving DLA, your wife and/or you will still need to provide evidence of how you/your wife will support you financially, as you won't be eligible for most benefits.

This guide gives examples of the kinds of documents that can be submitted to provide this evidence.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

You'll also need to provide evidence that your marriage is genuine, and if you are married with your wife living in the UK, and you living somewhere else, you can expect a high level of scrutiny. There are also the usual health, good character and English proficiency requirements. Have a good look at the guide and as I've said, if you're from an EEA country, or you are already living in the UK, come back and let us know what country you're from, or what visa you currently hold in the UK, and you may get better advice.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 3:26 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Still find it ironic... that if you claim DLA, you don't need to worry about the fiance requirements...... amazing...

Your wife will need to provide 'proof of DLA' and proof your marriage is 'LEGIT'
Old Aug 24th 2014, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

By posting here you may have alerted the UKBA to scrutinise your case.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 3:50 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
By posting here you may have alerted the UKBA to scrutinise your case.
He never gave any 'details though'

so.. a shot in the dark? you paranoid fella!
Old Aug 24th 2014, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Female on DLA. Two children living with her aged 17 and 22 also on DLA. You bet your bottom dollar that DWP can track that one !
Old Aug 24th 2014, 3:58 pm
Looking Around~

Female on DLA. Two children living with her aged 17 and 22 also on DLA. You bet your bottom dollar that DWP can track that one !
And how many are 'doing that' yea sure they can 'track that one'

Lighten up fella lol
Old Aug 24th 2014, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You believe that the State is benevolent ? How can you be so naïve ?
Old Aug 24th 2014, 4:08 pm
Looking Around~

You believe that the State is benevolent ? How can you be so naïve ?
did i say it was 'benevolent' ?

You think im naive? oh wow come original

Stay on topic and help the fella out for gods sake.

Jesus...
Old Aug 24th 2014, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why should I help someone to come and live in the UK on benefits ?
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:47 pm
Looking Around~

Then why bother to post in here? (if you don't want to help)

oh dear oh dear now...
Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

lebart is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm already in uk .. but in a different city but as a student
and my wife now lives alone with her one kid because he is desable as he couldn't walk
and i'm only asking how to settle with my wife forever
Old Aug 25th 2014, 10:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lebart
i'm already in uk .. but in a different city but as a student
and my wife now lives alone with her one kid because he is desable as he couldn't walk
and i'm only asking how to settle with my wife forever
Hi again lebart - I think if no one has answered your questions, it's probably that they haven't had any experience of your situation. I think the document I linked to in my post above - about what evidence you could provide to show how you are going to be supported financially, is still the same even though you are applying from within the UK.

If you can afford it, I think it would be a good idea for you to have at least one consultation with a good immigration agent. That would clear up the questions you've asked, and you may then be able to complete the application yourself. You can always come back to BE as you're filling the application, to ask specific questions, if you get stuck.

Good luck to you - there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be with the one you love!
Old Aug 25th 2014, 10:35 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good luck to you - there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be with the one you love!
Exactly, And this is how it should be.

Just apply spouse visa and go to uk live a LIFE.

In china they allow this... in japan korea... all allow this 'No finance requirement at all'
Old Aug 25th 2014, 10:49 am
Concierge

'

Scot, we don't need to do this to each other. All the OP has said is that his wife is British, and she obviously has a disability as she's on DLA. We don't know her story, and we don't know the OP's story. Be a bit kind mate - although Cameron has bastardised the saying, in the case of BE it's true - we're all in this together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.