Spouse Visa - Proof of living together

Old Dec 22nd 2021, 5:58 am
Just Joined

SheffieldOG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - Proof of living together

Hi everyone.

My wife (Japanese) and I (British) are going to apply for a Spouse Visa in June 2022. We got married in August 2021. We have been living together in Japan since April 2020.

However for various reasons, we have little strong evidence of our cohabitation. The apartment contract and bills are only in my name and we do not share a bank account.

From others with experience - would this be a problem in the application? Will a translated copy of our marriage be sufficient proof of our relationship? I am aware of other weaker froms of evidence too - such as letters from family/friends, photos or flight tickets together. My concern is that mentioning that we've lived together for two years, but being unable to give strong evidence of this could potentially undermine the application. Do you think this is a legitimate concern?

Thank you in advance for any experience or information you can give.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Proof of living together

My wife (Chinese) and I (UK) applied for her spouse visa (initial leave to enter) in late 2015, we had nothing at all in our joint names and I had nothing in my name in the UK either. It was not a problem, we just attached a summary of our life together, around 20 photos, some other supporting documents (e.g boarding passes and hotel reservations for trips we made) and of course our marriage certificate. So no need to worry.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 1:12 am
Just Joined

SheffieldOG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Proof of living together

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
My wife (Chinese) and I (UK) applied for her spouse visa (initial leave to enter) in late 2015, we had nothing at all in our joint names and I had nothing in my name in the UK either. It was not a problem, we just attached a summary of our life together, around 20 photos, some other supporting documents (e.g boarding passes and hotel reservations for trips we made) and of course our marriage certificate. So no need to worry.
Thank you very much!