Spouse visa/ job offer

Old Jul 18th 2018, 2:14 am
Just Joined

NDUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Spouse visa/ job offer

My Colombian girlfriend will be applying for a spouse uk visa in December at the uk embassy in Grand Cayman where we currently live. We know we need to prove we have lived together for 2 years. I have spoken to someone in the past who told me that I need to have a job offer with a salary of £18,600 per annum. We want to move back around April time. The appointment will need to be December due to the embassy keeping her passport for upto 3 months. We cannot do it any month after this because her work permit runs out at the end of February and we want to give our 1 month resignation notice at the end of January. This becomes difficult for me, because it’s hard to apply for jobs that might not have opening that can wait until April. If she has an appointment in December, then I’d have to start looking in October and November for jobs 6 months away. This seems like an impossible situation. If I apply now and I get a job let’s say in January, and need to go back to the uk earlier than April, what would happen to my girlfriends visa application which woul already be in the pipeline from her December appointment. Would it become void? Any ideas of our best options?

Old Jul 18th 2018, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa/ job offer

You also need to be currently earning the equivalent of 18,600GBP per annum AND have your UK job start within 3 months of your return if you wish to apply for the visa in Colombia and travel back together.

Read the following document carefully to see if you qualify:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Jul 19th 2018, 2:08 am
Just Joined

thanks for your reply. At the moment I’m earning that, but my concern is to get a job offer to start 3 or 4 months later. Also, when the visa is being processed in December, What happens if I need to go home to start a job before it’s fully processed? Can I travel back to the uk or do I have to wai for my girlfriend? Because that can take 3 months to process. I can’t guarantee that a job offer will wai until April. They might expect me sooner. What do we do in this situation?
thanks
Old Jul 19th 2018, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Katy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NDUK

thanks for your reply. At the moment I’m earning that, but my concern is to get a job offer to start 3 or 4 months later. Also, when the visa is being processed in December, What happens if I need to go home to start a job before it’s fully processed? Can I travel back to the uk or do I have to wai for my girlfriend? Because that can take 3 months to process. I can’t guarantee that a job offer will wai until April. They might expect me sooner. What do we do in this situation?
thanks
You can return to the UK any time you like. Most couples living overseas end up spending months apart because the Brit can only get a job after returning to the UK.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Hi, i really need some help. My fiancée is making an appointment with the Embassy here in Cayman in December. I need to have a job offer before we have the appointment to say I earn £18,600. This means o need to apply for work in the UK before the appointment in December. Can I leave the island to start work once my finacee’s visa is being processed? Or must I wait until they approve the visa and then move to the Uk at a later date to start the job offer?
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Katy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NDUK
Hi, i really need some help. My fiancée is making an appointment with the Embassy here in Cayman in December. I need to have a job offer before we have the appointment to say I earn £18,600. This means o need to apply for work in the UK before the appointment in December. Can I leave the island to start work once my finacee’s visa is being processed? Or must I wait until they approve the visa and then move to the Uk at a later date to start the job offer?
You need to have been doing a job earning above that amount for at least six months and have the bank statements and pay slips to prove it. If you have that in Cayman then you can apply with that and a job offer letter/contract for a role starting in the UK within 3 months of your intended arrival. Otherwise you need yo go to the UK and be in the job for 6 months.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your response!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in a similar situation. I found a job in the UK while over visiting family and we applied for the visa while I was still employed overseas but my job starts before the visa will be approved so I will be travelling back separately. I will let you know how it goes! Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by A3am
I'm in a similar situation. I found a job in the UK while over visiting family and we applied for the visa while I was still employed overseas but my job starts before the visa will be approved so I will be travelling back separately. I will let you know how it goes! Fingers crossed.
that would be great A3am if you can let us know please! When did you apply? Thanks for your help