Just Joined

KC28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa help/advice please

I wish she did as it would make this a lot easier
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Am I correct in thinking my sister would apply under category A - non salaried with employer for 6 months or more? She has earnt over £1550 for the past 4 months so I'm hoping if she does for the next 2 months she can show 6 months of payslips with overtime.

Can anyone confirm?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of the application details, it would be a lot simpler if OP's sister or her husband signed up & asked questions directly.

Nothing against OP, just saying ...
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KC28
My sister has spoken to an immigration lawyer who says if you are including overtime in the income level then you need 12 months of payslips/bank statements and not 6 as listed in the financial annex, is this correct? There's so much conflicting advice.
Probably a good idea if she's relying on the overtime to get her over the threshold. This is Category B rather than Category A.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 6:47 am
Just Joined

I don't think it would make much difference shirtback, either way it would be the same questions being asked.

Thanks to everyone that has replied, we have been told that she is to use Cat A and not Cat B.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:03 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it would make much difference shirtback, either way it would be the same questions being asked.

Thanks to everyone that has replied, we have been told that she is to use Cat A and not Cat B.
You've not actually said what she does for a living and on what employment basis she does it.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:31 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

By whom?
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:33 am
Just Joined

She works in a factory as a production operative, she is paid an hourly rate and is not salaried as she isn't in any kind of management position. Her basic yearly salary is £14,600.
Is there anything I've missed?
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
By whom?
One of her workmates has also applied for this visa and she said she used Cat A and 6 months of payslips which included overtime.
I'm just trying to gain clarity so I don't mess up their visa application.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Sorry, she works full time (39 hours) contracted. But she is guaranteed 16 hours a week overtime (2 every morning and every Saturday)
Old Nov 16th 2016, 11:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, she works full time (39 hours) contracted. But she is guaranteed 16 hours a week overtime (2 every morning and every Saturday)
Is guarantee in writing or would her manager be prepared to sign a letter saying the hours are guaranteed?
Old Nov 16th 2016, 11:37 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you SanDiego, I've just been reading through the financial appendix forms and it asks for the sponsors annual salary, would I put her actual salary (£15K) or the amount in which her wages total over the 6 months as per the calculation they use? It should be around £19,200 so I'm unsure if I use that figure as that is what the evidence will
Show, or her real salary without overtime.
Use the amount the payslips will total.

My sister has spoken to an immigration lawyer who says if you are including overtime in the income level then you need 12 months of payslips/bank statements and not 6 as listed in the financial annex, is this correct? There's so much conflicting advice.
If every payslip shows at least £1,550 per month, then it's 6 months payslips. All the person dealing with the application will do is take the lowest monthly payslip and x by 12. If this figure is more than £18,600, they pass that financial requirement. If it doesn't, game over.

If any monthly payslip falls below £1,550 per month, you're going to need 12 monthly payslips totalling £18,600 or more.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Yes, her employer will state that in their letter, so would they write that her basic salary is £14,600 but she is guaranteed overtime?

Thank you for all of the advice it really is appreciated!
Old Nov 16th 2016, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the clarification Dave
Old Nov 16th 2016, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, her employer will state that in their letter, so would they write that her basic salary is £14,600 but she is guaranteed overtime?

Thank you for all of the advice it really is appreciated!
The letter would state her basic salary and whatever arrangements there are for overtime i.e if she has guaranteed overtime periods then state what they are; if she is eligible for overtime (gets paid overtime as and when she does it) then they provide details of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.