Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa - financial requirement - Combine cash savings with property sale

Spouse visa - financial requirement - Combine cash savings with property sale

Old Mar 2nd 2019, 10:53 am
GZH
Just Joined

GZH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - financial requirement - Combine cash savings with property sale

Has anyone done this before?

I'm just about to apply for the visa in March this month, still wasn't 100% sure if my understanding of meeting the financial requirement is correct, so I came here to look for some support.

We are going to meet the financial requirement with cash savings and a property sale. My husband (british citizen) has £36,800 cash savings in his account, which was saved for 6+ months. Only very recently, he sold a property in the UK and received £37,000;

My understanding is that the money from the sale of property can be used directly towards the cash savings and it doesn't need to be saved for 6 months, as stated in Appendix FM Section 1.7 - 7.4.10. "Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or both jointly at the date of application can be from the proceeds of the sale of property within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application,"

Just want to double check with anyone who can offer some advice on if this is ok. Thanks for reading!
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 11:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - financial requirement - Combine cash savings with property sal

That’s correct, providing the property in question was owned by the applicant and/or sponsor for at least six months prior to its sale. You’ll need to carefully show evidence of the initial savings for six months and then the addition to the pot of the property sale funds with the relevant purchase and sale documentation.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:24 pm
GZH
Just Joined

GZH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa - financial requirement - Combine cash savings with property sal

Thank you so much for your fast response, I'm very grateful!