Spouse visa financial information

Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Mooglemoogle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa financial information

Hi there, I applied back in march and received a refusal for spouse visa last week I read the refusal letter, everything was fine apart from the financial information. I've sent them the last six months of my payslips and corresponding bank statements and they even acknowledged them. They said that my payslip doesn't match my bank statements.

I have to explain that I have a current account and a savings account. Every month, I receive payslip and a cheque from my parents since I work in a family business with the corresponding amount and put it into my savings account. I transfer a small portion of my wages into my current account and then transfer to my wife every month and that's why I sent them six months statement for both current and savings account. I didn't know that I can send payments to my wife via saving account too which I've started doing.

I want to ask, does it matter if I put the money into my savings account every month and not the current account? I don't see a problem since I have every month for the past year but can't understand how they would miss it. Thank you for your time.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa financial information

Which set of bank statements did you send?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, I sent them both sets of bank statements.

I think it's because they only saw my other statement and missed the other and I didn't think to write a cover letter.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mooglemoogle
Hi there, I sent them both sets of bank statements.

I think it's because they only saw my other statement and missed the other and I didn't think to write a cover letter.
Sorry, my mistake, you did say that.

Without seeing your refusal letter it sounds like you may have muddied the waters unnecessarily by sending both. I suspect they compared your payslips and current account statements and saw that they didn't match.

Have you been given the option for an administrative review?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

..... or the fact that the OP works for a family business? Possible a specified limited company, for which much more than just payslips and bank statements are required.
The fact the OP receives a cheque from his parents might have raised some questions as to the type of business.

The OP should scan in his refusal letter for clarity.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, my family owns a restaurant and I work there. I have all the proof there is so I don't understand what else they need. I tried to attach photos of refusal but it wouldn't allow me until I have 5 posts. I have option to appeal but I don't want to wait too long since I know it can take a long time.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
..... or the fact that the OP works for a family business? Possible a specified limited company, for which much more than just payslips and bank statements are required.
The fact the OP receives a cheque from his parents might have raised some questions as to the type of business.

The OP should scan in his refusal letter for clarity.
I concur.

Hi there, my family owns a restaurant and I work there. I have all the proof there is so I don't understand what else they need. I tried to attach photos of refusal but it wouldn't allow me until I have 5 posts. I have option to appeal but I don't want to wait too long since I know it can take a long time.
An administrative review is not the same as an appeal. Has your spouse been given that option?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sorry, my mistake, you did say that.

Without seeing your refusal letter it sounds like you may have muddied the waters unnecessarily by sending both. I suspect they compared your payslips and current account statements and saw that they didn't match.

Have you been given the option for an administrative review?
hi there, I've only been given the option to appeal with 28 days decision made. It was made on the 14th June but my wife received it on the 18th July.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

This is the reason for refusal in the refusal letter.

Last edited by Mooglemoogle; Jul 24th 2018 at 11:20 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:42 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming the savings account is in your name and thats shown on the bank statement?

Why do you deposit the cheque into your savings account and not your current account? Doing it that way is very odd.

If all the money is deposited into your savings account why did you provide your current account bank statements as well?

Anyway it looks like they looked at the current account statements (where your payments would normally be deposited) and saw they did not match with the payslips and refused you, which makes complete sense to be honest.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by az2014
Assuming the savings account is in your name and thats shown on the bank statement?

Why do you deposit the cheque into your savings account and not your current account? Doing it that way is very odd.

If all the money is deposited into your savings account why did you provide your current account bank statements as well?

Anyway it looks like they looked at the current account statements (where your payments would normally be deposited) and saw they did not match with the payslips and refused you, which makes complete sense to be honest.
Hi there, I know it's odd but I wanted the last six months of statements to be as clutter free as possible so I decided to put it in that account and that the Eco would have an easier time looking through it. I minimised my spendings so the statement each month will be clear and easy to see. The reason I provided my current account is that I transfer money from savings account into current account before sending it to her. I realised that I can just transfer through savings account. It's a little confusing and I'm to blame for that part. I just think if I reapply, I can just send them only my savings account and it's all under my name and hopefully it'll avoid any confusion.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I concur.

An administrative review is not the same as an appeal. Has your spouse been given that option?
hi there, my wife has not been given that option
Old Jul 25th 2018, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I know it's odd but I wanted the last six months of statements to be as clutter free as possible so I decided to put it in that account and that the Eco would have an easier time looking through it. I minimised my spendings so the statement each month will be clear and easy to see. The reason I provided my current account is that I transfer money from savings account into current account before sending it to her. I realised that I can just transfer through savings account. It's a little confusing and I'm to blame for that part. I just think if I reapply, I can just send them only my savings account and it's all under my name and hopefully it'll avoid any confusion.

I would suggest that your salary gets paid by automatic transfer into your bank account to eliminate confusion for your next application OR you pay your salary cheque directly into your bank account.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I would suggest that your salary gets paid by automatic transfer into your bank account to eliminate confusion for your next application OR you pay your salary cheque directly into your bank account.
So does that mean I have to wait six months before I apply again?