Spouse visa financial

Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

erihfrom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa financial

Hello people i am new on forum and just to say you saved my sanity over last months. i want to apply for non eu wife spouse visa. soon in fact in september. i am british citizen and have 2 kids with british passports.i am working for this company for 9 months now.
i read pages and pages and spent last few months reading forums; talking to immigration advisors and trying to get everything ready for the application.

i prepared all documents marriage certificates translated, ielts life skill passed, tennacy agreement.6 months payslips. bank statements. letter of invitation etc

my only doubt is financial and i will try to explain so hopefully i will get help here.

I am on contract and it says i am earning 15000 pounds per year but in reality i am paid per hour and i can get the letter from work stating that. Also i work overtime and i get bonuses so my 6 months payslips look like this
march 2050
april 1500
may 2000
june 1900
july 1890
august 1550
my question is do i qualify and if yes how should i apply is this salaried or non salaried employement or combined because i am on contract but also work hourly rate. i spoke to solicitors and they told me that i qualify under financial requirements. so confused. should i provide contract 6 payslips and explained in letter from work or should i just send letter from my employer stating that i earned over 10000 pounds in 6 months and i work hourly rate despite the contract. what is the best way
thanks in advance. can anyone explain what is the best thing to do
cheers

Last edited by erihfrom; Jul 29th 2016 at 8:27 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa financial

Is your pay made up of a contracted basic wage which stays constant and then is topped up by overtime which is paid on an hourly basis?

OR

is all your pay made up of hourly rate x hours worked?

From the amounts you have shown I would say you qualify, but being salaried or un-salaried means the way that gross annual income is arrived at is different.

...... and I presume you are working in Britain and its only your non eu spouse you have to sponsor.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for replying so quickly yes i am working in the U.K at the moment and yes just my wife
Is your pay made up of a contracted basic wage which stays constant and then is topped up by overtime which is paid on an hourly basis?
i think this is the case above
what is the best thing to do and do i qualify and how do i present my application

thanks again
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean you think it is? What does your contract say or your letter of employment. What do your payslips say? is there a basic wage plus overtime amount shown?

Your contract together with your letter of employment, together with your payslips and your bank statements are all important to support your financial evidence.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

What do you mean you think it is? What does your contract say or your letter of employment. What do your payslips say? is there a basic wage plus overtime amount shown?

Your contract together with your letter of employment, together with your payslips and your bank statements are all important to support your financial evidence.
in contract says i get paid 15000£ pounds per year but i also get bonuses and overtime which is shown on my payslips and i posted my last 6 months in previous post. Also i get paid hourly rate so its equivalent of 15000£ but with overtime and bonuses is more which is proven in payslips. Also if one month is 1500 but total is over 10000 for 6 months is this problem. what calcualtor should i use. just to point out i get paid hourly so even in my contract says ai earn 15000£ i get paid by hours i work which i can ask my employer to confirm.
so yes basic wage is shown on payslips plus overtime plus bonuses. if one month is short of 1550 but total of 6 months is well over 9300 is that ok.
thanks
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm just taking a guess here but it sounds as though you are on a contracted basis of 15,000 GBP plus overtime, plus bonuses.

So in this scenario you take your lowest basic monthly income multiply by 12 to get your annual contracted income.

Then take your overtime/bonus payment for the past 6 months, divide by 6 to find the average and multiply by 12 to give an annualised figure.

Add these two figures together. If they come to over 18,600 GBP you qualify.

The above figures for basic and overtime etc are on your payslips
Old Jul 30th 2016, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I'm just taking a guess here but it sounds as though you are on a contracted basis of 15,000 GBP plus overtime, plus bonuses.

So in this scenario you take your lowest basic monthly income multiply by 12 to get your annual contracted income.

Then take your overtime/bonus payment for the past 6 months, divide by 6 to find the average and multiply by 12 to give an annualised figure.

Add these two figures together. If they come to over 18,600 GBP you qualify.

The above figures for basic and overtime etc are on your payslips
yes i am on 15000£ plus overtime plus bonuses
So basicaly i can put all income from my 6 payslips including basic pay plus overtime plus bonuses divide by 6 multiply by 12 si if this figure is above 18600 i qualify. Can somebody confirm this with me. i read somewhere that they take your lowest payslip then use that as calculation or you just add calculate like sandiego girl said. should i said in letter explaining this becacuse obviously in my contract says i earn 15000 but in reality i earn much more. is one month salary 1500 not 1550 an issue.
Can somebody clarify this for me
thanks
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Anyone knows the answer. I am getting a bit worried about this do i still qualify is that 100 per cent
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Solicitors have told you you qualify; I have told you you qualify if your basic and overtime come to more than 18,600 (and by your figures and your basic of 15,000 per annum they do ), so unless you can provide other evidence which proves otherwise .......

You apply under Cat A
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your response. very helpfull.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

I just read this in apendix 5.1.1 in financial requirements

5.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission
to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same
employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their gross
annual salary towards the financial requirement. In doing so they must have been paid
throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross
annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application.

from what i gather they will take lowest monthly payement in 6 months and multiply by 12. is that the case. so even you earned over 9300 in 6 months if your 1 months payslip is 1549 you dont qualify. i know i asked this so many times but can someone please explain this.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Anyone knows the answer
Old Jul 31st 2016, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, I know the answer but you will probably want someone else to verify:

You are reading about someone who is on salaried income. i.e they have an annual stated salary which is paid out at the same amount on a monthly basis - no overtime, no hourly rate, no paid for hours worked.

A salaried person meets the financial requirement by being paid a minimum monthly income of 1,550.00 GBP. Go under this amount and your application is refused.

From the sounds of it you are not salaried, but are contracted for a basic salary with overtime/hours worked on an hourly basis. However you still can apply under Cat A with explanation of non salaried income.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you that is the answer i needed so i think i should explain this in a letter from my emplyoer and how should i explain this in a letter what should i write. i mean ask them to confirm this

You helped me so much i will stay on this site forever to help others if i can.
glad to see people understanding stress you have to go through to be with your loved ones. thanks again
Old Jul 31st 2016, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Anyone else can confirm this is true and how should i explain this in a letter to avoid confusion and what is the best way to this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.