Spouse visa extension - Questions

Old Jun 22nd 2022, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Ted1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spouse visa extension - Questions

Hello there!

Me and my wife just about to do renewal for her extension for her spousal visa and have a few questions about some areas of our application, and was wondering if anyone will the knowledge would be able to clear up some gaps in knowledge we have about the process:
  1. I have my tenancy agreement from 2017 for the property in which me and my wife live. My wife is not on the tenancy agreement, but we have a letter from the landlord confirming that she has been a tenant at the property since she moved to join me 2019, would this surfice?, or would I be best asking my landlord for a new tenancy agreement so close to the application date?

2. Is it counted against you if you have fewer joint letters? we have lots of seperate letters at the same address.... but only one shared letter

3. We have one joint letter for council tax, but have quite a few letters seperately, there is a spell (three in a row) in 2020 where my wife has only bank statements with the our current address on them, other letters include nhs, dwp and HRMC. Is it okay to use the same document type multiple times in a row?

4. My wife has a letter from her work place regarding her pension plan, is this okay to add if we have other letters from better sources supporting it?

5. Do broadband letters with line rental charges count as utilities?

6. We have our 6 months of bank statements sent to us via the bank evidencing pay, do these have to be stamped by the bank?

7. I got a raise in april that took me from 24 -> 35k and Ive had a letter from a HR Intern at work to clarify this, my salary (old and new), that my position is permanent and my job title, is this okay?.... Ive also heard that you should get them to sign your pay slips saying that they are authentic, is this right? Mine were all digital payslips, if that makes a difference?
Help on any of the points above would be greatly appreciated! We are pulling our hair out with stress during this process
Old Jul 11th 2022, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

timdavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa extension - Questions

This is a bit late, but my wife and I are just doing our renewal. For the letters to show you live together, the application website gave the following in its document checklist. I assume the guidance is the same for you, but hopefully, it will be confirmed by someone else, or you reached this on the website as you worked through the application. (and congrats on the raise!)

Items of correspondence addressed to APPLICANT and PARTNER at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years
You must provide at least 6 items of correspondence, addressed to you and your partner jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
Examples of acceptable evidence include:
  • Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
  • Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
  • Bank statements or letters
  • Building society savings books or letters Council tax bills or statements Electricity or gas bills or statements Water rates bills or statements Mortgage statements or agreement Tenancy agreement(s)
  • Telephone bills or statements