Spouse visa - Documents to Sheffield WARNING

Old May 7th 2019, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

60minuteman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - Documents to Sheffield WARNING

After a year of planning our settlement visa application was submitted in Bangkok on 24th April. At VFS we were told as we were not scanning supporting documents there we should send them to Sheffield, which is what we were expecting. On the 29th April our supporting documents were delivered and signed for in Sheffield. I have since found out the rules changed on March 27th and supporting documents should not have been sent to Sheffield but taken to a UK scanning centre, scanned and returned to me (a charge of £75 also needs to be made).
On discovering the mistake I called the helpline and the agent told me he would contact them and try to get the documents returned.

So now I am stuck in limbo not knowing where my documents are or when they will be returned. They could of course refuse the application because they have not received the supporting documents within the alloted timeframe....

Has anyone else made this mistake?
Old May 7th 2019, 7:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - Documents to Sheffield WARNING

You didn’t make a mistake. The Home Office is still going to process your application. Don’t sweat it.
Old May 7th 2019, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply, I hope youre right
Old May 9th 2019, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

I have found some more applicants who have done the same thing, they received their documents back with a sticker on “addressee gone away” . So my documents may be returned but heard nothing yet.
Old May 17th 2019, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

A bit of good news for me today,

Dear Mrs P********

Regarding Visa Application: G**********
For S***** P******

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm we have received your supporting documentation and your application is currently being worked on. Unfortunately we are unable to return documents until a decision has been concluded.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeof...ov.uk/s/2DT8W/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards