Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Old Mar 2nd 2022, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Olay90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Hi everyone,
I need some help with the spouse visa application. I am currently applying for the spousal visa. My British wife has been employed with the same employer (in the UK) for the past six months on a non-salaried employment and the financial requirement has been met. I have just started to fill out the online application, but stumbled upon this:

Include: Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application

Why would it be asking for 12 months, when the rules state six months? What am I missing here?

Thanks you for your response
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Presuming your wife as non salaried is getting different amounts each month/week.......

You've input something like 'earning above financial requirements "not consistently above the required amount' (can't remember the exact wording)

You need to change it to the "the same amount above the financial requirement " and just provide 6 months of payslips.

Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Presuming your wife as non salaried is getting different amounts each month/week.......

You've input something like 'earning above financial requirements "not consistently above the required amount' (can't remember the exact wording)

You need to change it to the "the same amount above the financial requirement " and just provide 6 months of payslips.
Thank SanDiegogirl. I just did that
Thanks so much
Old Mar 20th 2022, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Helpplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I hope everyone is well, I am in a similar situation, apart from i am making the requires total with 2 jobs. I want to provide 6 months payslips, what do i do?, the option im clicking on is consistang below required amount. I dont habe 12 months slips and dont want to wait, please suggest can i submit 6 months and explain at the end of aplication. I reallly want to apply this week.
Thanks for taking your time out, and helping, I appreciate it.
Old Mar 20th 2022, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your two jobs, added up together, meet the financial requirement of 18,600 then you pick the option above required amount
You then provide 6 months of payslips for EACH job.

(You can't pick consistantly below required amount unless you have savings to top it up)
Old Mar 20th 2022, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for the rapid response, what if my 2nd job im still with employer but i havnt worked every month with them?

thank you so much for your time and effort.
Old Mar 20th 2022, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Helpplease
Thank you so much for the rapid response, what if my 2nd job im still with employer but i havnt worked every month with them?

thank you so much for your time and effort.
Presuming you are going with Cat A then having gaps in your earnings will probably mean your average monthly earnings are going to drop below 1,550 GBP?
You need to work out what you have earned over the past 6 months.
Old Mar 20th 2022, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for your time, last question, right okay, im with 3 employers all 3 agencies and zero hour contracts, I have made the requirement with 2 jobs and have worked every month for 6 months with them, 3rd job iv only worked some months out of the 6 months, so now I have decided I am going to mention only 2 of the jobs to apply. And ill mention the 3rd job in my cover letter. With 2 jobs I have earnes 12000 in 26 weeks.
Thank you so much for your help, I would love it if I could send you a chocolate bar or something for all your help. Honestly im so grateful.
Old Mar 20th 2022, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You don't need to mention the 3rd job if you are not going to be applying using its income.. Keep it simple.
Old Mar 20th 2022, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Sandiago, thanks so much, so im going to change my application form, to 2 jobs and both of them continous above the required income, also when it says annual income?, do i double what i got in 26 weeks, bearing in mind its zero hour contract, im so grateful i made an account and posted on here.
Thanks x
Old Mar 20th 2022, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here is how you work out what your annual income is based on CAT A and Unsalaried income:

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement
Old Mar 20th 2022, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Here is how you work out what your annual income is based on CAT A and Unsalaried income:

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement
Thank you ever so much, I appreciate it, when it asks me if i had a another job in past 12 months shud i write job 3 in there, im currently employed by agency but last worked for them a few months ago?
thanks once again
Old Mar 21st 2022, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Helpplease
Thank you ever so much, I appreciate it, when it asks me if i had a another job in past 12 months shud i write job 3 in there, im currently employed by agency but last worked for them a few months ago?
thanks once again
You've already asked this question. You input information on the jobs under which you are going to qualify and for which you are providing payslips, contracts, employer info ......
Old Mar 24th 2022, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Hello again Sandiegogirl,

Thanks for all your help so far and I can't help worrying over the financial requirement and employment letter. I have been reading previous threads and I'm still getting confused about this topic. I am of the opinion that I am non-salaried based on my varying monthly income but I just want to be 100% sure to avoid any issues. Please pardon the long post so here goes:

We're hoping to apply in May and I have been employed with my current employer since Oct 2021 and I am paid hourly based on the hours worked. My employment contract says that my standard working hours are 36hours per week at a rate of 9.30 per hour (this hourly rate was increased to 9.62 in Jan) and that normal hours of work are various as per roster and that I may be required to work additional hours as necessitated by the needs of the business. I have been working in excess of my contracted hours so as to meet up the financial requirement as ordinarily I wouldn't meet the threshold based on my contracted hours only. I get paid on the 7th of every month. So I believe this makes me non-salaried?

The following are my pays for the 6 months from Dec to May:
7 Dec 2021 - 1575 @ 9.30 per hour
7 Jan 2022 - 1309 @9.62 per hour
7 Feb 2022 - 1606 @9.62
7 Mar 2022 - 1621 @9.62
7 April 2022 - 1962 @9.62 (I already know this will be my pay based on the hours for the month, all things being equal)
7 May 2022 - 1400 (based on my contracted hours but may be higher if i do more)

So based on the above, a total of 9473, therefore an annual gross salary of 18946. That is correct right?

Also, in my employer letter, does my employer need to mention the pay rise based on the question "how long has the applicant been earning employment income relied upon" or does that only apply to salaried employment? Again, will my employer need to calculate my annual income based on my contracted hours or based on the calculation above? I'm just concerned that if my employer calculates my gross income based on my 36 hours, the financial requirement will not be met. Or how will the letter be worded to show that i'm non-salaried?

I'm a nervous wreck over thinking this.

Thank you so much for your anticipated response.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Olay90
Hello again Sandiegogirl,

Thanks for all your help so far and I can't help worrying over the financial requirement and employment letter. I have been reading previous threads and I'm still getting confused about this topic. I am of the opinion that I am non-salaried based on my varying monthly income but I just want to be 100% sure to avoid any issues. Please pardon the long post so here goes:

We're hoping to apply in May and I have been employed with my current employer since Oct 2021 and I am paid hourly based on the hours worked. My employment contract says that my standard working hours are 36hours per week at a rate of 9.30 per hour (this hourly rate was increased to 9.62 in Jan) and that normal hours of work are various as per roster and that I may be required to work additional hours as necessitated by the needs of the business. I have been working in excess of my contracted hours so as to meet up the financial requirement as ordinarily I wouldn't meet the threshold based on my contracted hours only. I get paid on the 7th of every month. So I believe this makes me non-salaried?

The following are my pays for the 6 months from Dec to May:
7 Dec 2021 - 1575 @ 9.30 per hour
7 Jan 2022 - 1309 @9.62 per hour
7 Feb 2022 - 1606 @9.62
7 Mar 2022 - 1621 @9.62
7 April 2022 - 1962 @9.62 (I already know this will be my pay based on the hours for the month, all things being equal)
7 May 2022 - 1400 (based on my contracted hours but may be higher if i do more)

So based on the above, a total of 9473, therefore an annual gross salary of 18946. That is correct right?

Also, in my employer letter, does my employer need to mention the pay rise based on the question "how long has the applicant been earning employment income relied upon" or does that only apply to salaried employment? Again, will my employer need to calculate my annual income based on my contracted hours or based on the calculation above? I'm just concerned that if my employer calculates my gross income based on my 36 hours, the financial requirement will not be met. Or how will the letter be worded to show that i'm non-salaried?

I'm a nervous wreck over thinking this.

Thank you so much for your anticipated response.
Hi, I have recently submitted the application, in terms of pay my pay changed as well and my employer did not write the old pay on employment letter they only wrote the new pay. I made a chart on it i included my weekly pay. So my pay was made clear each week then i put the total at the bottom. You add up the total that you earned in 26 weeks as its a zero hour contract divide it by 6 and times by 12 and thats how much you have made annually.

hope that helps, iv submitted my application with the help of saniagogirl, just need to upload documents before biometric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.