Spouse visa: Category B financial requirement question

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

SJDurrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa: Category B financial requirement question

Hello everyone

My first post here - though I've been lurking for a while. I've found all of the posts here useful so thanks to all the board members.

My Japanese wife and I are in the process of applying for her spouse visa for the UK. I have filled out most of the forms but am wondering about the financial requirements.

I was working for a large software company from January - July 2013, at which point I was unfortunately made redundant. I started my current job in November 2013 (for which the annual salary is above the requirement.) As such, I will be applying for the Category B as I do not have six back-to-back payslips with the new company. So my question is this...

While in my previous employment, I earned a monthly salary, separate sales commission and a one-off redundancy pay-off in July. Do all of these count towards the total amount? In the guidance notes it doesn't mention ex-gratia payments so I'm just curious. Even if the redundancy payment does not count, I still earned over 18600 in that time from my monthly 'base' and commission - but I just wanted to check what amount I should be quoting on the form :-)

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Stephen
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse visa: Category B financial requirement question

Hi SJ,
I cant answer your specific question but you did not mention having a job offer in the UK making the required amount. As I understand the rules that is a requirement if going the work route.
Cheers
Nigel
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa: Category B financial requirement question

Not sure - but if you are over anyway I would enter the lower amount - you're less likely to be rejected for not including some of the income which you could have used than for including too much