Spouse Visa Application Progress and Questions

Old Jul 25th 2018, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Dominic2401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Application Progress and Questions

Sent the documents off today.

Used the physical address to send via Japanese EMS (seems to be handled by parcelforce in the UK),

For a return label i signed up for UPS and printed a return label from there and included it in the package with a padded envelope. That should be fine, I would imagine.

thanks guys for all your help. 3 months to relax and then one month to quit my job, sell everything I don’t need, ship stuff we do and handle my stuff when leaving Japan like paying taxes.

not going to be a fun time.
Old Jul 26th 2018, 2:04 am
Just Joined

fijinz77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologise if this question has been asked before.

My spousal visa is still being assessed and is at week 9 out of 12.

My husband said that his employer or his parents (where we will be living until I get a job) have not been contacted by UKVI to confirm employment and suitable accommodation.

I have provided his UK employment contract and his parents council title deeds of their property.

Will UKVI contact them? Or will they only contact them if they need further clarification?

It's frustrating not knowing.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26th 2018, 4:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fijinz77
I apologise if this question has been asked before.

My spousal visa is still being assessed and is at week 9 out of 12.

My husband said that his employer or his parents (where we will be living until I get a job) have not been contacted by UKVI to confirm employment and suitable accommodation.

I have provided his UK employment contract and his parents council title deeds of their property.

Will UKVI contact them? Or will they only contact them if they need further clarification?

It's frustrating not knowing.

Thanks.
Generally your ECO won't contact people unnecessarily, they don't have the luxury of time. If they have questions or doubts then they may contact your employer or family members but that's usually only to reinforce a decision that they have already made, i.e. to refuse the application.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

CCKN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello BrittinParis,

I have recently put in an application for Spousal Visa to join my husband who is a British citizen but I am concerned about the following:

Concern 1: Initial refusal (I have been refused a UK visitor Visa August last year on the grounds that my finances were not enough even though it was my company sponsoring the trip to Aberdeen for a conference then)

Concern 2: Age difference between Spouse and I (My husband is 35 and I was 21 as at the time of Marriage, now 22- though I look way older than my age, but we are madly in love regardless)

Concern 3: No white wedding done yet (We Intend to have our wedding reception in the UK once I am granted a visa, we have done the civil wedding which is also known as Court marriage and our Nigerian traditional marriage as well)

Concern 4: Applicant no longer works at company where she used to as at time of application (In my online application, I stated that I used to work as an Admin Officer as at time of Application, but recently, I have resigned due to personal reasons. Would this be a problem even though my husband meets and exceeds the financial requirement???)

Please help as I am dying of worry and can’t wait to be with my husband and start making kids ):

Thanks.

Old Aug 7th 2018, 5:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CCKN
Hello BrittinParis,

I have recently put in an application for Spousal Visa to join my husband who is a British citizen but I am concerned about the following:

Concern 1: Initial refusal (I have been refused a UK visitor Visa August last year on the grounds that my finances were not enough even though it was my company sponsoring the trip to Aberdeen for a conference then)

Concern 2: Age difference between Spouse and I (My husband is 35 and I was 21 as at the time of Marriage, now 22- though I look way older than my age, but we are madly in love regardless)

Concern 3: No white wedding done yet (We Intend to have our wedding reception in the UK once I am granted a visa, we have done the civil wedding which is also known as Court marriage and our Nigerian traditional marriage as well)

Concern 4: Applicant no longer works at company where she used to as at time of application (In my online application, I stated that I used to work as an Admin Officer as at time of Application, but recently, I have resigned due to personal reasons. Would this be a problem even though my husband meets and exceeds the financial requirement???)

Please help as I am dying of worry and can’t wait to be with my husband and start making kids ):

Thanks.

It's best if you don't address your questions to one member only. Brit in Paris is a volunteer here like everyone else, he already puts a lot of his time into helping people and it's not fair to expect him to be on call all the time for individual requests.

In regards to your questions, none of the issues you've mentioned will have an impact on your spouse visa application.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your correction.
i am truly sorry about that mistake, would take note of that going forward.

Does that mean that I should worry less?
It is over a month now since biometrics and no update from UKVI
Old Aug 7th 2018, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CCKN
Hello BrittinParis,

Thanks.

1. Should have no influence on a spouse vis

2. ditto

3. As long as you have sent your marriage certificate and any other proof of genuine relationship should not be a concern.

4. Applicants income is not relevant.

The application process is taking much longer lately. If after three months you have not heard then that is the time to start escalating.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
1. Should have no influence on a spouse vis

2. ditto

3. As long as you have sent your marriage certificate and any other proof of genuine relationship should not be a concern.

4. Applicants income is not relevant.

The application process is taking much longer lately. If after three months you have not heard then that is the time to start escalating.
Thank you so much for this!
Really appreciate 🙏
Old Aug 31st 2018, 3:02 am
Just Joined

Vicky_1102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

When I post the supporting documents, I did't send the prepaid envolpe together with it. Is anyway I can get the documents back now? thanks a lot
Old Aug 31st 2018, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Dominic2401 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent a prepaid envelope but I thought they only send you back the originals and keep the copies and print outs of photos etc. Seems like I was wrong because they complained I didn’t include an envelope or prepaid stamp, meaning I guess that what they had to send back was too small for the envelope.

i ended up getting my friend in the uk to send a Royal Mail prepaid next day delivery stamp on a box (flat packed box) to the mail address they sent me. That was wrapped in a Royal Mail bag with next day delivery paid too.

i haven’t received my documents back and they tracking number for the returned documents hasn’t been used yet. I wrote my application number on the side of the bag to let them know what application to tie it to.

Originally Posted by Vicky_1102
Dear all,

When I post the supporting documents, I did't send the prepaid envolpe together with it. Is anyway I can get the documents back now? thanks a lot