Spouse Visa Application Progress and Questions

Old Jun 23rd 2018, 11:33 am
Yuu
Just Joined

Yuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Application Progress and Questions

Originally Posted by Dominic2401
Just rang Barclays, very helpful! They knew what I needed for the spouse visa application and will be sending officially certified copies of bank statements for the last 6 months attached with a letter that certifies by a staff member that these statements are official! They'll also send it by courier for an additional fee! Perfect!
Oh good, in my case I just submitted the statement without an additional letter from their staff member, but it should better if there is one ;-)
Old Jun 24th 2018, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Dominic2401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
In your covering letter you should emphasis that the accommodation you have booked is only temporary and that you will be arranging a more permanent solution once you are in the UK.<br /><br />Remember just because you book it doesn’t mean you have to use it after the visa is granted. If you decide to live with family on the IOM for a few months whilst looking for work then you can do. I think it might prove easy however to find work in Manchester if you’re already living there.
Hi BritinParis,
Hope everything's going well!
I've written the necessary supporting letters and was wondering if you could give them a very quick check. I've removed peoples names, dates and addresses where necessary.

Supporting Documents I'll include with these letters.

Sponsor and Applicants letters:
1. Wedding party photos from Ski trip
2. Korean style wedding photos
3. Photos from trip to UK in December 2013, December 2015 and Summer 2017
4. Photos from trip to South Korea
5. One or two photos from the first time we met at the BBQ
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Certificate of Residency
8. Facebook chat logs from 2012 to 2014 (apparently necessary now).

Savings Declaration:
1. 6 months worth of bank statements
2. Official letter stating the bank statement copies are official
3. The applicant mentions that the money came from sale of property in South Korea, and that we transferred the money from a Korean account to the Barclays account in December 2017, but do I actually have to include that money transfer document and proof of how we received the money in Korea? Or will 6 months of statements from the UK account, showing the applicant has had the money in the account for 6 months or more suffice?

Family Support Letter:
Copy of mothers passport

Last edited by Dominic2401; Jun 24th 2018 at 3:01 am.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Vicky_1102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all, I've post all my support documents to Sheffield UK and the courier company informed that delivered successfully. But I didn't got any confirm email or message to say they received the documents. Will the UK visa and immigration send email to confirm? or we can just wait until decision made? I'm so worrying now. thanks so much.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Katy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vicky_1102
Dear all, I've post all my support documents to Sheffield UK and the courier company informed that delivered successfully. But I didn't got any confirm email or message to say they received the documents. Will the UK visa and immigration send email to confirm? or we can just wait until decision made? I'm so worrying now. thanks so much.
You may or may not get an email in a few days or weeks saying your case is being prepared for an entry clearance officer. I got mine 6 weeks after sending. The courier's confirmation is your best proof. Don't worry.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Vicky_1102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katy78
You may or may not get an email in a few days or weeks saying your case is being prepared for an entry clearance officer. I got mine 6 weeks after sending. The courier's confirmation is your best proof. Don't worry.
Thank you very much for sharing the helpful infomation. Definitely help me relieve some pressure. Have a good day!
Old Jun 24th 2018, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

In your covering letter you should emphasis that the accommodation you have booked is only temporary and that you will be arranging a more permanent solution once you are in the UK.

Remember just because you book it doesn’t mean you have to use it after the visa is granted. If you decide to live with family on the IOM for a few months whilst looking for work then you can do. I think it might prove easy however to find work in Manchester if you’re already living there.
just noticed on this page

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

that we need to provide proof that we are allowed to live in the country from which we are applying. So we should show that we are allowed to live in Japan. We don’t have visas stamped in passports here anymore and instead use resident cards. I guess we will need to somehow get a document proving our ability to live in a Japan that would be considered official (can’t send my residency card and I doubt they’d accept a copy) and then translate that into Japanese
Old Jun 24th 2018, 2:30 pm
Yuu
Just Joined

I think your residency certificate (juminhyo) states your status to stay in Japan. For my husband it was stated as “permenant resident”.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yeah! Just noticed it does list it. Handy!

So actually my visa runs out August 17th and I just got it renewed, due to pick up the document on Wednesday. Currently the juminhyo lists August 17th for me and November 15th for my wife. My wife will renew her visa in August and that will take a month, do you guys think the requirement to show our ability to stay in Japan applies to just my wife or me too? If it’s my wife I imagine November 15th will be fine, if it’s me I might have to have it retranslated...
Old Jun 26th 2018, 2:06 am
Yuu
Just Joined

Oh yeah! Just noticed it does list it. Handy!

So actually my visa runs out August 17th and I just got it renewed, due to pick up the document on Wednesday. Currently the juminhyo lists August 17th for me and November 15th for my wife. My wife will renew her visa in August and that will take a month, do you guys think the requirement to show our ability to stay in Japan applies to just my wife or me too? If it’s my wife I imagine November 15th will be fine, if it’s me I might have to have it retranslated...
They say just "applicant" so I think your current juminhyo should be fine that's my understanding, but if you are not sure maybe you can attach a photocopy or your residence card and a letter stating your situation as reference (please note it's just my personal opinion).
Old Jul 8th 2018, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

So I have a question regarding supporting documents,

was filling in the form and noticed that under the family information section it asks us to write the applicants mothers name and fathers name. Under the description it says to write it the same as her parents travel documents.

We have two problems;

1. Wife and her parents aren’t on good terms so if my wife needs to provide proof of her family or the spelling using passport copies, she can’t.

2. We are in Japan so hard to get documents we need.

However we do have copies (apostled official copies) of my wife’s family relationship document (which has replaced a listing (her, father, mother and me. Doesn’t list younger brother because Korea, lol) plus something similar to a brief birth certificate (but doesn’t list family because they don’t republish birth certificates it seems)

if we we don’t need any English translated Korean documents to prove my wife’s family I think we are good now, if we do I’ll need to find a way to translate them.

Old Jul 8th 2018, 11:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So I have a question regarding supporting documents,

was filling in the form and noticed that under the family information section it asks us to write the applicants mothers name and fathers name. Under the description it says to write it the same as her parents travel documents.

We have two problems;

1. Wife and her parents aren’t on good terms so if my wife needs to provide proof of her family or the spelling using passport copies, she can’t.

2. We are in Japan so hard to get documents we need.

However we do have copies (apostled official copies) of my wife’s family relationship document (which has replaced a listing (her, father, mother and me. Doesn’t list younger brother because Korea, lol) plus something similar to a brief birth certificate (but doesn’t list family because they don’t republish birth certificates it seems)

if we we don’t need any English translated Korean documents to prove my wife’s family I think we are good now, if we do I’ll need to find a way to translate them.
You should complete these sections as best you can and include a note in the 'Additional Information' section. What the Home Office wants to confirm her parents don't already appear on their systems for any untoward reasons. If they haven't ever visited the UK then it won't be an issue.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

You should complete these sections as best you can and include a note in the 'Additional Information' section. What the Home Office wants to confirm her parents don't already appear on their systems for any untoward reasons. If they haven't ever visited the UK then it won't be an issue.
OK!

so that means my wife doesn’t need to submit family documents or birth certificates then?
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

OK!

so that means my wife doesn’t need to submit family documents or birth certificates then?
It would be preferable to submit a birth certificate but not essential. Any other family documents are unnecessary.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

It would be preferable to submit a birth certificate but not essential. Any other family documents are unnecessary.
Thank you, I've explained that they don't do Birth Certificates in Korea and instead attached the necessary documents.

We got our bank statements through from Barclays, this is what they sent (I didn't include the numerous pages of policy / advice they sent separately here but will with the package.)

Because theres no stamp I thought it might be a good idea to include the shipping document we got from DHL too. Paper wise it feels similar to the actual statements they sent through the post, but there's no digital QR code / barcode on these, other than that they look like the documents you get through the post. As you can see, they sent three statements that show all the transactions from November to July. Do you think this is okay? The cover letter isn't really detailed, and there's no digital stamp or hand signature. I specifically asked for them to stamp each page and write a document proving these are authentic, and the person on the phone even double checked and repeated after me that yes, he would indeed do what I said and listed everything he would action to send, but here we are.

Old Jul 12th 2018, 4:14 pm

Stamping each statement is only required if you print them off yourself from PDFs or the bank prints them in branch. If they're been sent through the post then they should be treated as 'originals'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.