Spouse Visa Advice

Old Apr 16th 2017, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Lefty99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Advice

Hello

What a great forum this is..

My wife is in the process of applying for the spouse visa to come to the UK.

Here are my circumstances
1) We are married in Korea last month
2) We have all the documents and been dating for 7 days
3) I lived in Korea but didn't live with her
4) I am teacher in London so above the financial requirements

The problem I have is currently I rent a place with two other people in London and my landlord says he cant put my wife on the contract or even write a letter to say that she will live with me.

I currently have a job in London and looking to move up north.My parents have a house in Scotland and would be willing for her to live with them but I will be still working in London until September.

Would the immigration office ask questions about why I am working in London and my wife will be living in Scotland?

Any advice would be kindly recommended
Old Apr 17th 2017, 10:34 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Advice

Sorry, can't help with a visa, just checking if that's a typo "been dating for 7 days" .
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lefty99
Hello

What a great forum this is..

My wife is in the process of applying for the spouse visa to come to the UK.

Here are my circumstances
1) We are married in Korea last month
2) We have all the documents and been dating for 7 days
3) I lived in Korea but didn't live with her
4) I am teacher in London so above the financial requirements

The problem I have is currently I rent a place with two other people in London and my landlord says he cant put my wife on the contract or even write a letter to say that she will live with me.

I currently have a job in London and looking to move up north.My parents have a house in Scotland and would be willing for her to live with them but I will be still working in London until September.

Would the immigration office ask questions about why I am working in London and my wife will be living in Scotland?

If the landlord is concerned with right to rent laws...The landlord could write [ subject to mrs xxx being granted a spouse visa and passing the right to rent checks I would consent to her residing with her husband mr xxx at the property( address)

Or yes, I think you could put accommodation as your parents to start with , with intention of looking for a joint rental near your work ... parents will need to supply proof of ownership, letter of consent, and property description of sufficient rooms to accommodate everyone.
people do commute weekly... even to scotland! and have a monday to friday base near their work.

maybe other forum members will respond too.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

I meant 7 years not 7 days
Old May 2nd 2017, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Do you think my housing situation will be fine if I live in London and my parents address is in Scotland? Still not sure about it
Old May 25th 2017, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
I mentioned before that it is usual in the UK for people to do long weekly commutes and have a monday to friday room near their work place. there is even a web site called that! As well as one called five days and spareroom.

I would just put the explanatory facts on the covering letter, as your and your wife's stay with your parents in temporary so you can both look for a place from when you want to move North.

If you qualify under the fnancial criteria ( the key issue) I do not think it will be a problem. The authorities are mainly looking out for overcrowding in accommodation matters.

However maybe someone else will have a view.
Old May 26th 2017, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

If your wife has a Korean driving licence, she can exchange it to a British one without the need of a driving test in the UK. Please see link below for details -

https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-...ublic-of-korea

She will need to get an office translation of her Korean driving licence at the Korean consulate in London.
Old May 27th 2017, 8:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What is your actual intention, to move your wife into the shared house with you in London?
Old May 27th 2017, 10:17 am
Just Joined

My intention is to move to Scotland in the future but as I don't have a job in Scotland at the moment in the meantime we will stay in London
Old May 27th 2017, 9:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

My intention is to move to Scotland in the future but as I don't have a job in Scotland at the moment in the meantime we will stay in London
In that case you'll need permission from your landlord. What is his objection?
Old May 28th 2017, 6:19 am
Just Joined

He said due to the 'the terms and conditions for the property do not allow me to let the property to more than 3 individuals' when in fact there are four bedrooms.
Old May 28th 2017, 9:53 am

He said due to the 'the terms and conditions for the property do not allow me to let the property to more than 3 individuals' when in fact there are four bedrooms.
What's the accommodation situation at your parents?
Old May 28th 2017, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

They have a three bedroom house lots of space and garden
Old May 28th 2017, 9:36 pm

They have a three bedroom house lots of space and garden
That's your solution then. You'll need a signed letter from them giving you permission to live there with your wife, copies of their passports as proof identity/signature, evidence that they own/rent the property in question and evidence that there is sufficient room for you and your wife to live there.
Old May 30th 2017, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for your help and advice