Spouse Settlement VISA (where spouse is residing in UK)

Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:20 am
Just Joined

AndrewE73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Settlement VISA (where spouse is residing in UK)

Gday! I loged my application and supporting documents from Melbourne Australia on Friday the 8th of July. I havent received any email confirmation that my application has been decided. In December I loged but was refused due to a low Aussie dollar. As my wife has already relocated to the UK, I decided to visit her for Christmas. I was detained at Manchester Airport and told I was allowed into the country temporarily. They kept my passport at the border office and I returned to Australia for another 6 months. In the mean time, I have transferred £63,010 into my wife's UK account. My question is this: will my previous application and subsequent visit to the UK have any bearing on my current application?
Old Jul 17th 2016, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Settlement VISA (where spouse is residing in UK)

If you only submitted your spouse application 8 July, why would you expect to have a decision by now?

If you have had a previous refusal for a spouse visa and you were detained at a British airport, then, yes, your new application will have extra scrutiny.

What do you mean 'you transferred 63K into my wife's UK account'. Was this before or after you made the new application?

To fulfill the financial requirements one is expected to have the necessary savings amount in an account for 6 months and untouched. Please explain what you have done.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jul 17th 2016 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Here's what Ive done.

1. Lodgment: I used the premium service, so I was hoping for a quicker response.

2. Cash Savings: The currency exchange is brilliant now, so the required £62500 has actually been in the account for nearly 9 months. I put the money into UK account to avoid another currency issue. I submitted records of all accounts.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndrewE73
Thanks for your reply. Here's what Ive done.

1. Lodgment: I used the premium service, so I was hoping for a quicker response.

2. Cash Savings: The currency exchange is brilliant now, so the required £62500 has actually been in the account for nearly 9 months. I put the money into UK account to avoid another currency issue. I submitted records of all accounts.
Hi Andrew - I lodged from Perth using the Priority service, the guidelines for receiving a decision were 10 working days and that's exactly when my documents were returned with the decision. From memory, I received an email after 6 working days informing me that a decision had been made, but no clues are provided on what that decision was.

Re the bank account and the 6 months rule - there have been a couple of other people who've posted here that they moved the money into another account during the 6 month period, and were seeking advice as to whether that contravened the guidelines. The were concerned because the wording of the financial requirements seems to infer that the funds must be held in the same account and same name/names for the entire 6 month period. I don't recall that any of these posters came back and let the forum know the outcome.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I have included in the documents submitted bank statements (stamped) reflecting the cash savings from December onwards. Either way, I will post the outcome.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. I have included in the documents submitted bank statements (stamped) reflecting the cash savings from December onwards. Either way, I will post the outcome.
Best of luck, I know I had no fingernails left after that 10 days!

Have been in the UK for just over 8 months now, and am loving it. The cooler weather, far from being a negative, has been such a welcome relief from Perth's summers (springs, autumns)
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Best of luck, I know I had no fingernails left after that 10 days!

Have been in the UK for just over 8 months now, and am loving it. The cooler weather, far from being a negative, has been such a welcome relief from Perth's summers (springs, autumns)
I would imagine the weather in Liverpool (Port Sunlight) will be a little different than what I have enjoyed in Australia. But Liverpool has the River Mersey, which my wife says is just like Bondi Beach😂
Old Jul 17th 2016, 11:45 pm
Concierge

I would imagine the weather in Liverpool (Port Sunlight) will be a little different than what I have enjoyed in Australia. But Liverpool has the River Mersey, which my wife says is just like Bondi Beach😂
Oh, it is! Just today I was sunbaking and surfing

We're in New Brighton, our house has the Mersey to the right, the Irish Sea dead ahead, and the River Dee to the left. All this water, such a luxury for an Aussie. I didn't find winter too bad at all - lowest minimum was about -1, I've had that in Perth more than once. The maximums were a bit chilly though, didn't seem to get higher than 7 or 8 degrees. But that's what brisk walks and coats were invented for. Hope you hear back soon and your application was successful
Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Oh, it is! Just today I was sunbaking and surfing

We're in New Brighton, our house has the Mersey to the right, the Irish Sea dead ahead, and the River Dee to the left. All this water, such a luxury for an Aussie. I didn't find winter too bad at all - lowest minimum was about -1, I've had that in Perth more than once. The maximums were a bit chilly though, didn't seem to get higher than 7 or 8 degrees. But that's what brisk walks and coats were invented for. Hope you hear back soon and your application was successful
Great news! My application has been processed and will be couriered to me in next few days. Fingers crossed!
Old Jul 18th 2016, 9:57 am
Concierge

Great news! My application has been processed and will be couriered to me in next few days. Fingers crossed!
Old Jul 21st 2016, 6:54 am
Just Joined

UK VISA APPROVED
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:29 am
Concierge

UK VISA APPROVED
Congratulations
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Congratulations
Thanks!