Spousal Visa for Husband Applying from UAE (Dubai)

Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

uaemanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spousal Visa for Husband Applying from UAE (Dubai)

Hi Everyone,
Im new to the forum hope everyone is well. We are planning to apply for the spousal visa around July. We will be going down the savings route.
Some background info:
Sponsor (wife): British Citizen
Applicant (husband) : Pakistani National.
Son: British citizen (almost 2)
We got married in Dubai in 2015. Been married for 3 years and living together in UAE since then. do i need to send in pics of our time before we got married as well as when we were married? I have both but I really want to do the application well and have everything ready
My concern is the accommodation requirement, we plan on renting at first so we can look for a home to buy eventually but wanted to ask how easy/difficult is it to rent... should I go back to the uk myself and organise this, do landlords give letters for people who do not have a visa yet easily? or is it possible to arrange a place to rent online (I guess not ) just thought Id ask if anyone has What paperwork do I need to have in order to rent , I have a bank account in the UK but obviously no employment references there. Can I show proof of funds to show I can pay for the duration (eg 6months to a yr). Also does anyone have any idea of timelines of visa processing from Dubai? I intend to apply in July, but wasnt sure what date to put of intended travel as should that be after the waiting time for example September October? So sorry for all the questions. Hope someone can help if anyone can guide what else I may need to that would be helpful.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Visa for Husband Applying from UAE (Dubai)

In terms of renting we just went through this and found it a rather drawn out process. We had to prove that our income (we were moving for a job) was above a certain percentage of the monthly rate (but I believe savings may have been sufficient for us if we hadn't had work). As I was over 18 I also needed to have reference checks done - right at the start there was a question re right to be in the UK. It all gets a bit blurry here (all the forms that is) but there were questions and you weren't able to proceed further without having the visa approved or the application in process. Not sure how standard processes are but this is how we experienced it.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

uaemanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Visa for Husband Applying from UAE (Dubai)

Originally Posted by prospect
In terms of renting we just went through this and found it a rather drawn out process. We had to prove that our income (we were moving for a job) was above a certain percentage of the monthly rate (but I believe savings may have been sufficient for us if we hadn't had work). As I was over 18 I also needed to have reference checks done - right at the start there was a question re right to be in the UK. It all gets a bit blurry here (all the forms that is) but there were questions and you weren't able to proceed further without having the visa approved or the application in process. Not sure how standard processes are but this is how we experienced it.
Yes I am finding this part tricky. I am hoping our savings will be okay and I will be able to find a letting agent to do the letter needed from the landlord. So you couldn't get your tenancy agreement unless you started the application already? how is this possible? Did you go back to the UK to arrange everything? feeling stressed!