Spousal VISA couple of questions

Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Epidot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal VISA couple of questions

Hi

ME and my Girlfriend will be getting married soon and then will apply for a Spousal Visa for her to come to the UK. She will be needing to go back home when she needs to. I am wondering if there is a requirement for her to be in the UK for X amount of time without being away back home?

So in other words, could she come to the UK for a few months and go back home, then come back again 6 months later etc all while on the Spousal VISA?

The other question I have is that I live in my parents house. I have all the requirements fulfilled but I cannot provide utility bills with my name on. Only my parents. So Is this acceptable or do I need a home of my own in order for the VISA to be accepted. I can get a tenancy agreement from my parents. will that do?

Thank you
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Spousal VISA couple of questions

Hi E
Not sure about the first part other than there are time limits. There was a thread recently about this so browse around you might find it. Fairly sure it was not as long as six months away thought. Others more wise in these matters will chime in I'm sure.

As far as accommodation is concerned I know you have to prove you have somewhere adequate to live so a letter from your parents will be helpful. And you also have to prove the house is big enough and that it is not overcrowded.

Good Luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Epidot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I have a 3 bedroom house currently with 3 people in. My GF will make 4 people. Hope that is ok.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the precise timings but if you keep it under 90 days in any given 365 days you'll be okay.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

The requirement for letting the visa valid is that she is resident in the UK. Residence is a matter of "fact", which is a nice way of saying " undefined".
Residence is deemed to lapse after 6 months (i think) continuously away unless there are extenuating circumstances (examples of which are on the relevant bit of the rules, which I don't have to hand right now).
For citizenship later the rule is not more than 270 days in the past 3 years total and not more than 90 days on the past year.