Spousal visa check list

Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

guy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really nice
Default Spousal visa check list

I'm putting together our spousal visa package I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. We are applying from the USA (we both currently live in USA). We are using the £62500 in saving route.

Here's our list:

Financials:

1. Online printout of 6 month of USA personal bank statements (notarized and stamped by the bank)
2. Letter from our bank stating amount of cash savings held during last 6 months.
3. Letter from us stating source of cash savings.
4. Copy of my company registration document. (notarized)
5. Spouse's pay slips (notarized copy) (to show source of income).
6. Letter from spouse's boss saying the attached pays slips are authentic.
7. Company's bank statements (to show source of income) (notarized and stamped by the bank).

Applicant:
Introduction letter from the applicant.
Print out of application.
Stamped biometric appointment confirmation
Passport photos.
Current and old passport (Original)
Wedding photos.
Marriage certificate notarized copy
General photos of us together.
State tax returns showing we live together. Is this needed as our bank statements show we live together?
NARIC English language requirement certificate. (original) (I did not do my degree in USA).
Do i need to provide also original degree certificate, certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from my university with my name and degree confirming that my degree was taught in English?

Sponsor:
A letter from the sponsor.
UK Passport (notarized photo copy)
Do we need to submit the sponsors original passport or can we submit the notarized copy of the passport?

Accommodation:
Letter from us noting that we own a property and it is vacant for our intended exclusive use. Only we (husband and wife) will be staying in this property. This property has two bedrooms.

Land registry (notarized copy)
council bill (notarized copy)
floor plan (copy)
electricity bill (notarized copy)
deed document/lease hold agreement (notarized copy)

Let me know if you feel i am missing any documents or if for any of the documents I should provide original's instead of notarized copy?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa check list

Appendix 2 .........
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:33 am
Just Joined

guy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really nice

I have edited the list based on the feedback and research:

Financials:

1. Online printout of 6 month of USA personal bank statements (notarized and stamped by the bank)
2. Letter from our bank stating amount of cash savings held during last 6 months.
3. Letter from us stating source of cash savings.

Applicant:
Introduction letter from the applicant.
Print out of application.
Appendix 2 form.
Stamped biometric appointment confirmation
Passport photos.
Current and old passport (Original)
Wedding photos.
Marriage certificate notarized copy
General photos of us together.
State tax returns showing we live together. Is this needed as our bank statements show we live together?
NARIC English language requirement certificate. (original) (I did not do my degree in USA).
Do i need to provide also original degree certificate, certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from my university with my name and degree confirming that my degree was taught in English?

Sponsor:
A letter from the sponsor.
UK Passport (notarized photo copy)
Do we need to submit the sponsors original passport or can we submit the notarized copy of the passport?

Accommodation:
Letter from us noting that we own a property and it is vacant for our intended exclusive use. Only we (husband and wife) will be staying in this property. This property has two bedrooms.

Land registry (notarized copy)
council bill (notarized copy)
floor plan (copy)
electricity bill (notarized copy)
deed document/lease hold agreement (notarized copy)

Let me know if you feel i am missing any documents or if for any of the documents I should provide original's instead of notarized copy?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

re : The Naric... where did you do the degree? presumably you are the applicant ( not sponsor).

However if you are a Citizen of certain countries you do not need to prove knowledge of English ( i.e USA) regardless of where you studied.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

here is the official guidance on Naric

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
Old Nov 8th 2017, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
re : The Naric... where did you do the degree? presumably you are the applicant ( not sponsor).

However if you are a Citizen of certain countries you do not need to prove knowledge of English ( i.e USA) regardless of where you studied.

See here:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

here is the official guidance on Naric

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
I don't have US citizenship (I have US GC). That is why I got the NARIC document. Any way i have paid for it so might as well use it (I am the applicant).

Also I still hold my Indian citizenship but have been living in US for more than 10 years. Do I still need to do the TB test? The gov website says that only if you are resident of certain countries you need to get the TB test done.
I am not sure what they mean by resident, are they talking about citizenship or where you live currently?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guy_30
I don't have US citizenship (I have US GC). That is why I got the NARIC document. Any way i have paid for it so might as well use it (I am the applicant).

Also I still hold my Indian citizenship but have been living in US for more than 10 years. Do I still need to do the TB test? The gov website says that only if you are resident of certain countries you need to get the TB test done.
I am not sure what they mean by resident, are they talking about citizenship or where you live currently?
You do realise that leaving the US for a year or more means you your Green Card will lapse.

Why have you not obtained US citizenship after 10 years in the country?