Spousal Visa for Brazilian Wife in Canada

Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

rob1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Visa for Brazilian Wife in Canada

Hi guys, looking at moving back to the UK with my wife in the next few months so want to start the application for my wifes visa. We have been married for 2.5 years and she is a Brazilian citizen, we currently live in Toronto, Canada.

I had a few questions:
- Where should she be applying from? Looks like applications should be done online but I see a lot of posts saying applying from brazil or india etc. Can she apply from Canada if she is a Brazilian citizen? If the application is all online how do we send docs etc.?
- I see an option to apply in the UK and change the visa type, could she not just come with me on a visitor visa and then apply to change it there?
- For my salary, we have around 3 times the required amount in savings, but I would be moving back to join a new company.. There is no job confirmed yet, and we won't move until there is (expecting something in the next month or two), so can we start the application without this? i don't want to have to wait to apply until I have a job as that will likely mean she has to stay out here for a few more months..

Thanks!
Rob
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa for Brazilian Wife in Canada

- If your wife is a legal resident of Canada, i.e. not a visitor, then she can apply from Canada.
- No. You cannot switch to any other visa as a visitor from within the UK. Your wife would need to apply from Canada or Brazil.
- If you can meet the financial requirements through savings then your employment status is irrelevant.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

rob1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BritInParis - do you know what the savings requirement is? I can only find salary requirements..
Old Jul 20th 2017, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If no income at all then its 62,500 GBP. (18,600 GBP x2.5 to cover the 2.5 years of the visa + 16,000 GBP)
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 11:50 am
Just Joined

BRAZ2UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your wife a legal resident in Canada? If so, better to apply via the savings route from Canada. You would need to plan ahead as she may need to obtain a few documents from her home country like any old passports she may have there and a police clearance form from Brazil (and you'll need to have one from Canada too). All Brazilian documents will have to have officially translated into English.

Get all the documents ready first (It's a timely process) before you submit the online application. Your documents will be sent from an application centre when she has her biometrics appointment. Applying via the savings route, in my opinion, is much more straightforward.

All the best!