British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Spousal visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spousal-visa-903648/)

Mohammad saleh Sep 28th 2017 6:06 am

Re: Spousal visa

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12348453)
If you are married and your relationship is genuine then there is little reason to obtain the services of an immigration adviser/solicitor unless one or both of you has a serious criminal history and/or a poor immigration history. More often than not an 'immigration lawyer' will actually screw up your application compared to what you could do by yourself.

Yes thank you, but the policy of consultant has changed lately especially after ISIS terrorist attacks and targeting cutting down of immigration , so the consulate makes it hard on the applications, I read so many bloggers talking about their experience, they said that the consulate studies the proof of relationship hardly, in terms of the time u spent together, bills of restaurants, honeymoon evidence .. etc, and I know some people who were in such my case have been refused with allegation that they did not meet the ground of relationship proof item !!

Inselaffen Sep 28th 2017 6:33 am

As BIP mentioned using an immigration lawyer will probably not help much (at law school my classmates who were heading towards Immigration law were not exactly star students). Just make sure you take time to read through examples on here and then aim to send as much evidence as possible. I've been married to my wife for 9 years and she has had 6 UK visas during that time. Still I took the time to prepare photos from every year of our lives together. I included photos of her with my family and me with her family. I included air tickets, hotel bookings and joint visa applications (Vietnam). It may sound like overkill but better too much than not enough

BritInParis Sep 28th 2017 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Mohammad saleh (Post 12348591)
Yes thank you, but the policy of consultant has changed lately especially after ISIS terrorist attacks and targeting cutting down of immigration , so the consulate makes it hard on the applications, I read so many bloggers talking about their experience, they said that the consulate studies the proof of relationship hardly, in terms of the time u spent together, bills of restaurants, honeymoon evidence .. etc, and I know some people who were in such my case have been refused with allegation that they did not meet the ground of relationship proof item !!

You should ensure that you provide sufficient evidence of your relationship. Either you have this evidence or you don't. Spending a lot of money on a lawyer won't make any difference if you don't.