spousal application, last minute checks/questions

Old Feb 28th 2018, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road
Default spousal application, last minute checks/questions

Good afternoon to all of you,

My wife has her spousal application appointment coming up VERY shortly!

To the best of my knowledge, we have everything we need in place regarding paperwork and supporting documents etc

The only thing that makes me nervous is that i am self employed and due to her not starting work here until half way through the year, she doesn't meet the financial requirements on her own. We each individually make over the 18,600 required, but due to her only working a part year, she falls short. she does have a copy of a new contract she signed December 1st 2017 stating her new yearly salary, but as I'm lead to believe...she can only put down income she has physically earned up to this point? I am aware we can combine our income, but my tax year is april 2016 to april 2017 (last complete tax year), whereas her income was the last 7 - 8 months. Can these off setting date differences still be combined? its not a massive problem as i made over 18,600 on my own...but that's brings me to my next concern/question.
I have all documentation asked for regarding self employment proof and income, although one thing i cant seem to find a definitive answer on is the 'unaudited accounts with a certified accountants certificate' I have gone to a friends wife who is an account and she wasn't really sure what this entailed. she basically reviewed my self assessment and wrote a letter stating he has checked the income amounts and confirm they are correct. She put on her accountant registration number and company name etc. I am slightly nervous that this wont be enough, does anyone have any experience with this? I am not sure if this makes a difference, but i am a self employed sole trader who sub contracts work from companies.

I am off for the rest of the week, so have a couple days to tie up any loose ends i might run into

Thank you for your help in advance!
Old Feb 28th 2018, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

minhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spousal application, last minute checks/questions

Hi, I'm afraid I can't help but adding questions.

We're looking to go back too but no job. We've been saving for the last many years working oversea. I thought I found on this forum about the financial requirements, either a job with minimum salary required or a saving amount that meets the requirement.

Can someone help on this topic?
Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

londoner007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your question is all over the place and hard to understand. Especially, the self-employment bit is very confusing. You keep referring to he and she- can you state what visa you are applying for and who the sponsor is and who the applicant is including their current locations.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by londoner007
Your question is all over the place and hard to understand. Especially, the self-employment bit is very confusing. You keep referring to he and she- can you state what visa you are applying for and who the sponsor is and who the applicant is including their current locations.
We are applying for a spousal visa. We are both currently on the U.K., I am a British citizen and she is a Canadian citizen on a youth mobility visa. What confusion do you have over the self employed part? I’d be happy to clarify anything.