Sponsor's Employer and Salary Questions

Old Aug 30th 2018, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Mrs.E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor's Employer and Salary Questions

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all going well with your applications

I have a couple of questions regarding the financial requirement and the Appendix 2 Form.
We are going to be applying under Category 3A - Salaried Employment in the UK.
My husband has been employed by the same employer for 3 years, but he received a promotion in April of this year, which means he hasn't earned the same amount or had the same job title continuously for 6 months.
He is earning over the £18,600 requirement even before his promotion, so I'm assuming I cross the "No" box for question 3.12, which takes me to 3.13 - but that's where I get stuck.
At question 3.13, I don't know what to cross... If I cross "Yes", it doesn't seem correct as it is asking for previous employer details, although he has been with the same employer for 3 years.
But if I cross "No" and it takes me to Question 3.20, where it asks me for his total salary for the last 12 months. I'm guessing this is the total amount he has earned from his old salary and current salary?

Also, is his Employment Contract an absolute requirement? His employer has not given him a renewed contract since his promotion. However, he has received letters from his employer stating that his pay has increased from that amount to this amount and the same goes for his job title.... Is this going to be suffice?

Gosh - I hope all of this makes sense and someone is able to clarify this for me...

Thank you so much all
Old Aug 30th 2018, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor's Employer and Salary Questions

If her earned 18,600 GBP prior to the raise, then answer yes to 3.12 and work on his salary before the raise.

Explain the situation in an accompanying letter or in the section additional information.

Include the letters regarding his raise and new job title.
Old Aug 31st 2018, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Amazing - thank you so much for taking the time to answer!
very much appreciated
Old Sep 6th 2018, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to be a bother again, but am I correct in thinking that as the applicant, my employment and income is irrelevant in the application?
Or must I also provide my employment contract, 6 months pay slips and bank statements?

It is just that on https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information, it states that I need to provide proof of my finances, and furthermore, on https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income, it states that "You and your partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600"

Thank you in advance to anyone who can explain
Old Sep 6th 2018, 7:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying for outside the UK then the applicant’s salaried income is irrelevant.
Old Sep 8th 2018, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thank again for your help, BritInParis

I'm in the process of completing the online application and it has asked for my "total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation, after tax".
Since my income is in Australian Dollars, would I need to convert this to Pounds?
Old Sep 11th 2018, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Hey All!

I hope everyone is going well with their applications

Just checking to see if I need to convert my income to Pounds from Australian Dollars, on my online application?

Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You list the amount in the currency in which it is paid, so AUD in your case. Your ECO will then use a currency conversion website to check what the equivalent is in GBP on the date of application.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You list the amount in the currency in which it is paid, so AUD in your case. Your ECO will then use a currency conversion website to check what the equivalent is in GBP on the date of application.
Thank you again for your help ☺

As you clarified before, my income is not taken into consideration as the applicant. Kindly noted ☺
However, because I have stated that I'm employed, should I then provide all the accompanying documents (i.e. contract, payslips, bank statements) as evidence of this?

Lastly, I have been lucky enough to have been to the UK on a Youth Mobility Visa between 2015 to 2017. Should I include the P60's that I have recieved during that time, or is this not relevant to my application?

So sorry if these seem like silly questions - just want to make sure it is done right the first time!
Old Sep 12th 2018, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Mrs.E
Thank you again for your help ☺

As you clarified before, my income is not taken into consideration as the applicant. Kindly noted ☺
However, because I have stated that I'm employed, should I then provide all the accompanying documents (i.e. contract, payslips, bank statements) as evidence of this?

Lastly, I have been lucky enough to have been to the UK on a Youth Mobility Visa between 2015 to 2017. Should I include the P60's that I have recieved during that time, or is this not relevant to my application?

So sorry if these seem like silly questions - just want to make sure it is done right the first time!
No, as they are irrelevant and will only cause confusion.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No, as they are irrelevant and will only cause confusion.
Good to hear!
Saves me a lot of time and stress!

Thank you!