Sponsor taking two months off work

Old May 21st 2020, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Dollparts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor taking two months off work

Hi all! Looking for some advice for my situation.

My husband, (British) and I (Australian) are currently living in our own countries and were about to apply for a spousal visa for me to live with him in the UK in March. For obvious reasons we didn't, and now we are stuck apart and haven't seen each other since January. As the Australian borders are firmly closed, without a visa I would not be granted permission to leave, however he is allowed in as immediate family of citizens are permitted. After seeing posts on here saying there would be a huge backlog of visa applications once the visa centres reopen, I got nervous that I would not be able to travel to the UK until the end of the year or even into next year so my husband and I decided that if there wasn't any movement on the visa front by the start of July he would take a couple of months of unpaid leave and come stay in Australia with me.

Here is my visa related question: if my husband takes two to three months off of work, will this look bad on our eventual visa application? Even if he is unpaid for those months he will still earn well over the 18,000GBP required and will still be able to return to his full time employment. I really want to see him but I do not want it to mess up our application. I was thinking we could include a letter from his employer stating this is the case in our application as well. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Dollparts; May 21st 2020 at 1:37 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 1:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor taking two months off work

If he will be unpaid for three of the six months prior to application then he’ll need to be earning a minimum of £37,200 pa in order to still meet the financial requirements through Category A. The application centres have reopened in Australia so I would submit your application as soon as possible and forget about your husband taking time off.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Dollparts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsor taking two months off work

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If he will be unpaid for three of the six months prior to application then he’ll need to be earning a minimum of £37,200 pa in order to still meet the financial requirements through Category A. The application centres have reopened in Australia so I would submit your application as soon as possible and forget about your husband taking time off.
Thanks for your reply! I posted this before the centres reopened so yeah now we are going forward with the visa instead of this option. Thank you anyway!