Singh Route and healthcare

Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singh Route and healthcare

Gullane, in your legal training, did you study the use of the apostrophe ?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

gullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond repute

Scot47,I will leave it you to enlighten us on the way we should write english so you can
start immediately.In the meantime I will stick to giving the correct factual information.
So please feel free to give the first lesson,by rewriting my posts as you feel they should
have been written,then you will be doing something positive.If we were in the office at least you could make the tea and keep us all entertained.Thanks Scott47.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 2:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gullane
Yes,I am an expert on this matter and I have stated the facts and been very polite and helpful and all you have to do is go on your computer and google what i have given.I have stated that if you are a TCN and are in the UK under EU 38 Article 10 you have to comply with Article 16 of the Directive.This clearly states you have to have Private Comprehensive health insurance.So there are no free lunches,so sorry to disappoint you,the law is the law.
With full respect to your knowledge in the matter of the SS routes with particular reference to the OP post & the NHS, please be patient with me if my questions are basic or common sense to you.

If you could please reply to the following.

Point 1.

On the basis the non EU citizen accompanies their British citizen spouse/partner, whereby both live their centre of life in the UK. Within 3 months of their arrival the non EU citizen registers for a 'residence card'

https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

On getting the 'ordinary residence' registration card, why would that person be required to have CSI, wouldn't they be legally entitled to NHS services for free?

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1087.asp...categoryid=162

Point 2.

On the basis the EU citizen (non Brit) accompanies their British citizen spouse/partner whereby both have their centre of life in the UK. Within 3 months of their arrival the EU citizen registers for a 'residence card'

On getting the 'ordinary residence' registration card, why would that person be required to have CSI, wouldn't they be legally entitled to NHS services for free?

point 3

On the basis the EU citizen (single person) moves their centre of life in the UK. Within 3 months of their arrival the EU citizen registers for a 'residence card'

Last edited by not2old; Oct 27th 2014 at 2:50 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 7:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Spouce of Scouce, I don't give opinion's because everyone has one and that is all they are "OPINION'S",I give verifiable facts based on case law.So my understanding of a forum is to get the correct legal information on a given subject and pass it on to help other members.When people give their opinion's,that is fine,provided they make it clear that they don't know the correct answer and they are only guessing.Now exactly what has your comment added to the discussion?,have you helped increase the pool of knowledge on the subject matter?. I don't do personal insults I leave that for people like you.Have a nice day and try and relax.
It never takes long You have a nice day too, and enjoy your sandwiches
Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

gullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond reputegullane has a reputation beyond repute

HEALTH INSURANCE AND PERMANENT RESIDENCE.
ANY person who has any questions on these two issues and would like the know the most
recent CASE LAW RULINGS on this matter which was handed down on the 16th July 2014,
you can read the judgement,:Neutral Citation Number2014) EWCA Civ 988
Case No:C5/2013/1651, IN THE COURT OF APPEAL (CIVIL DIVISION)ON APPEAL FROM
THE UPPER TRIBUNAL(IMMIGRATION & ASYLUN CHAMBER) IAI74462012 Before:
LADY JUSTICE ARDEN/LORD JUSTICE BEATSON and LADY JUSTICE SHARP
BETWEEN: AHMAD and THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT and AIRE CENTRE.
Please download and print off the full Judgement and it will bring you up to date with
CASE LAW on these two issues which so may posters on here seem to want to know about.
Simply google the Permanent Residence and AHMAD and that should get you to the Judgement
Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:59 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

ANY person who has any questions on these two issues and would like the know the most
recent CASE LAW RULINGS on this matter which was handed down on the 16th July 2014,
BETWEEN: AHMAD and THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT and AIRE CENTRE.
Please download and print off the full Judgement and it will bring you up to date with
CASE LAW on these two issues which so may posters on here seem to want to know about.
Simply google the Permanent Residence and AHMAD and that should get you to the Judgement
Well, AHMAD, keep taking those pills.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 11:21 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

recent CASE LAW RULINGS on this matter which was handed down on the 16th July 2014,:Neutral Citation Number2014) EWCA Civ 988
Case No:C5/2013/1651, IN THE COURT OF APPEAL (CIVIL DIVISION)ON
Ahmad v Secretary of State for the Home Department (AIRE Centre intervening)

Right then, I've done that - so whats your point?

BTW, which of the 'Appearances' noted at the foot of the document are you?

"Appearances: Sibghat Kadri QC, Rashid Ahmed and Shaheen Haji (instructed by Burton & Burton, Nottingham) for the claimant; Gerry Facenna (instructed by Treasury Solicitor) for the Secretary of State; Adrian Berry for the AIRE Centre, intervening, by written submissions only".
Old Oct 28th 2014, 12:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Ahmad v Secretary of State for the Home Department (AIRE Centre intervening)

Right then, I've done that - so whats your point?

BTW, which of the 'Appearances' noted at the foot of the document are you?

"Appearances: Sibghat Kadri QC, Rashid Ahmed and Shaheen Haji (instructed by Burton & Burton, Nottingham) for the claimant; Gerry Facenna (instructed by Treasury Solicitor) for the Secretary of State; Adrian Berry for the AIRE Centre, intervening, by written submissions only".
Glad someone is helpful enough to post links
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:13 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Glad someone is helpful enough to post links
I am beginning to enjoy not2old's posts but would be interested in learning more about his Avatar pic.

Is he really a Randi conjurer?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I am beginning to enjoy not2old's posts but would be interested in learning more about his Avatar pic.

Is he really a Randi conjurer?
Better ask him for a demonstration
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:54 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Better ask him for a demonstration
I have to admit to being reluctant to do that.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

God forbid that any of us take legal advice from Ms Gullane !
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by scot47
God forbid that any of us take legal advice from Ms Gullane !
Me thinks a troll & not a very good one at that..........

Nothing in the profile of that poster indicating an expert.

You'd think someone calling themselves an 'expert' would want to identify themselves as such, either an 'Immigration consultant' or Immigration lawyer' as well as use disclaimers.

At least it was pro bono & not very good either.

My guess is Gullane was a client of or an appellant in a EEA/EU permit hearing, or maybe just a student learning the ropes.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old

The UK government has decided to stop being so generous with the NHS and has changed the law under the Immigration Act 2014. The UK will stop giving free treatment, reduced cost medication and reduced cost dental treatment to immigrants, until they have ILR/PR, with a few exceptions the law seems to read i.e. Asylum Seekers etc. The new law will also stop the 'free treatment for all in A&E' (Accident and Emergency). Those applying for a UK visa of more than 6 months, can buy a cheap NHS levy when they apply for their UK visa, which will cover their NHS usage for the length of that visa; including treatment in A&E but barring expensive discretionary treatment. When they have ILR, they can then have all the free NHS that a Brit has.

That's why I was wondering if anyone knew who would pay for the healthcare of a partner entering under Singh with these changes due in next year? It doesn't seem clear.

Is the advantage they presently have of entering under Singh to avoid paying for a UK spouse visa, and then once entered the UK not having to follow EU rules, going to turn into an expensive disadvantage? Would the non EUs on Singh need to use the EHIC of the EU country they had been working in before they came to the UK, to pay for some/all of their NHS bills?

Last edited by formula; Oct 28th 2014 at 4:18 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Ahmad is about a partner of an EU national in the UK, not about a Brit bringing a partner to the UK under Singh.

Those who enter the UK under Singh, don't then follow EU laws as far as I am aware. I'm happy to be corrected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.