Should I contact the UKVI?

Old Oct 25th 2019, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I contact the UKVI?

My American wife has posted her documents to the UKVI in New York for inspection. This was over 3 weeks ago and we still haven’t heard anything. Is this unusual? I though all that happened at the UKVI is they scan the documents over to Sheffield? Will they email us to let us know they have done this or will we not hear anything now until the final visa decision?
Is it worth calling the UKVI to check the status of her application?
Old Oct 25th 2019, 11:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I contact the UKVI?

You could call to see whether it’s being processed. They won’t be able to tell you more than that.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You could call to see whether it’s being processed. They won’t be able to tell you more than that.
Do you happen to have an email address for UKVI that I could contact?
Old Oct 27th 2019, 11:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Try sending an email to [email protected] and CC in [email protected]
Old Oct 27th 2019, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Presume you sent the documents via a system whereby you could track them.... and you have received proof they WERE delivered.
Old Oct 27th 2019, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Presume you sent the documents via a system whereby you could track them.... and you have received proof they WERE delivered.
yes we sent them via UPS next day delivery. They have 100% arrived at the offices. We just want to make sure it’s arrived in the correct hands and they are being processed. 3 weeks seems like a long time if they haven’t even been sent to Sheffield yet. I’ll email them today
Old Oct 27th 2019, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clloyd101

yes we sent them via UPS next day delivery. They have 100% arrived at the offices. We just want to make sure it’s arrived in the correct hands and they are being processed. 3 weeks seems like a long time if they haven’t even been sent to Sheffield yet. I’ll email them today

...in an earlier post you said you had sent them to the scanning centre in New York. So are you expecting them to be scanned there and your original documents to be sent back to you?
Old Oct 27th 2019, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
...in an earlier post you said you had sent them to the scanning centre in New York. So are you expecting them to be scanned there and your original documents to be sent back to you?
yes exactly that. And what I need to know is will the UKVI inform me that they have done this?
Old Oct 29th 2019, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Try sending an email to [email protected] and CC in [email protected]
I emailed and the reply I got was an automated message saying ‘please note this inbox is not monitored and your email will not be read’ :/
Old Oct 29th 2019, 2:15 am

I emailed and the reply I got was an automated message saying ‘please note this inbox is not monitored and your email will not be read’ :/
It’s a lie.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 4:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a guess, but the 'not monitored' auto reply may apply to just one of those addresses (even mistakenly). Try sending your email again, this time to each address separately.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 4:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a lie.
Made me
Old Oct 30th 2019, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's just a guess, but the 'not monitored' auto reply may apply to just one of those addresses (even mistakenly). Try sending your email again, this time to each address separately.
im worried, if I keep emailing , they’ll think in being too pushy? Is there no way to contact UKVI in New York and ask them if they’ve scanned the documents over to the UK?
Old Oct 31st 2019, 1:08 am

im worried, if I keep emailing , they’ll think in being too pushy? Is there no way to contact UKVI in New York and ask them if they’ve scanned the documents over to the UK?
I’m not sure why you’re worried about appearing pushy. It’s not like they have a Christmas card list to leave you off.

There is no UKVI in New York, only VFS. You’ll need to contact them to see if your documents have been scanned. Did you include return postage?
Old Oct 31st 2019, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

I’m not sure why you’re worried about appearing pushy. It’s not like they have a Christmas card list to leave you off.

There is no UKVI in New York, only VFS. You’ll need to contact them to see if your documents have been scanned. Did you include return postage?
Oh shoot sorry. I must’ve meant VFS in NY. Sorry. I wondered why everyone is confused.
Yes we did include return postage.
we’re trying to log into VFS global but it won’t work. So do you have an email for VFS New York that we can contact to check the status of our application?
It’s been 4 weeks on Monday since we posted our documents so I’m just worried. Because of UPS tracking we know the documents are in New York but VFS haven't let us know that they’ve scanned the documents to Sheffield or had any contact at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.