settlement visa enter UK alone

Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

pledda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default settlement visa enter UK alone

Hello All,

My wife and daughter are waiting for their UK settlement visa. I am the sponsor and we are all currently living together in Canada and planning to move to UK. We've been waiting for over 2 months and no news. Given that I have to start my new job in UK soon, is it ok if I fly to UK first and once my wife receives her visa, she follows me? Or do we have to enter the UK together?

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: settlement visa enter UK alone

Originally Posted by pledda
Hello All,

My wife and daughter are waiting for their UK settlement visa. I am the sponsor and we are all currently living together in Canada and planning to move to UK. We've been waiting for over 2 months and no news. Given that I have to start my new job in UK soon, is it ok if I fly to UK first and once my wife receives her visa, she follows me? Or do we have to enter the UK together?

Thanks
Your wife can either accompany you to or join you in the UK. What she cannot do however is move to the UK ahead of you.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

catindahat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your wife can either accompany you to or join you in the UK. What she cannot do however is move to the UK ahead of you.
Thanks BritinParis! Same case here. My sponsor is now working in the U.K., how can I show the customs that my husband is already in there?

Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 6:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catindahat
Thanks BritinParis! Same case here. My sponsor is now working in the U.K., how can I show the customs that my husband is already in there?

Thank you in advance!
It's immigration rather than customs you need to worry about. You shouldn't have any problems. Normally you'll be taken at your word if your husband is already in the UK and presumably will be meeting you at the airport. If not then just keep his mobile phone number handy so that the Immigration Officer can call him if necessary to confirm his whereabouts.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

catindahat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It's immigration rather than customs you need to worry about. You shouldn't have any problems. Normally you'll be taken at your word if your husband is already in the UK and presumably will be meeting you at the airport. If not then just keep his mobile phone number handy so that the Immigration Officer can call him if necessary to confirm his whereabouts.
I see! Thank you so much for your reply!
Have a lovely day!