Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Sending supporting documets from china return envelope help

Sending supporting documets from china return envelope help

Old Feb 26th 2018, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending supporting documets from china return envelope help

Hi guys,

Seems like a non difficult part of applying for a spouse visa but i'm having real difficulty in working out how to have a prepaid self addressed envelope inside my package to send to Sheffield so they can return my original documents.

I cant find anything about how to do this on the fedex page and my wife said the fedex people in china didn't offer that service. so I'm quite confused on how I can supply this.

has anyone here done this already and have a solution or idea?

cheers for any help or advice!

BLB
Old Mar 1st 2018, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Q Li is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending supporting documets from china return envelope help

I have had the same question. I sent a return envelop with some stamp exchange coupons so that they can redeem stamps at post office at their end. I knew this is not going to be worked, however, this is the best that I can do to satisfy the requirement. Turn out, there is an email received with the subject line "Missing Envelop". Eventually, all my supporting documents posted to my fiance where he is in London.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

It is very frustrating for something so simple!
In the end I asked my mum to buy a special delivery pre paid envelope and send it to me. seems the best I can do but doesn't seem like the only way. if you don't have friends or family in the UK you'd be totally stuck!

anyway, thanks for replying and good luck
Old Mar 10th 2018, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biglittleben
It is very frustrating for something so simple!
In the end I asked my mum to buy a special delivery pre paid envelope and send it to me. seems the best I can do but doesn't seem like the only way. if you don't have friends or family in the UK you'd be totally stuck!

anyway, thanks for replying and good luck
Hi Biglittleben,
Not sure if this service offers in mainland china.
I found out there is a new courier service available (dont know when it starts) only for settlement visa application, which I will definitely use it despite the cost!!!

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/hongkong...ourier-Service

If your spouse's fingerprints need to be done in Hong Kong (I remember you live in Shenzhen), this one certainly takes out 1 less worry from many.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
Hi Biglittleben,
Not sure if this service offers in mainland china.
I found out there is a new courier service available (dont know when it starts) only for settlement visa application, which I will definitely use it despite the cost!!!

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/hongkong...ourier-Service

If your spouse's fingerprints need to be done in Hong Kong (I remember you live in Shenzhen), this one certainly takes out 1 less worry from many.

Cheers.
Thanks for your advice. Because we are based in Mainland china we have to apply through a VFS here and our nearest one (Except HK) is in Guangzhou for settlement visa's. They actually have a VFS centre in Shenzhen but that is for tourist visa's only.

I managed to have a solution, although not quite what I wanted. My mum will send me a special delivery pre paid envelope which is A4 sized and allows up to 500g weight. That should be ok as we are applying through savings route and don't have masses of documents to hand in. this will allow our documents to be returned to my parents home in London. but that is ok.

Thanks a lot though