Securing a rental hsoue in UK from Abroad

Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:39 am
Just Joined

MsTwist is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Securing a rental hsoue in UK from Abroad

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your advise and sharing your experiences!

Myself UK citizan currently living in NZ with 3 born in NZ kids (application for their UK passports is in so hopefully soon confirmed duel citizens) and my Kiwi Husband.

I am getting a bit confused over the spouse visa but getting there, i may post other questions another time, i have y head around the financial requirements seems straight forward and we can meet them.

My question is around the accommodation, my parents sold their property and now live in a 3 bedroom rental, we are still waiting for a response from the landlord if he will give his official approval via letter for us to stay there while looking for our own rental. I'm not convinced he's going to give it.

So plan b would be looking online for houses and getting my parents to go and view (knowing our criteria) are we able to apply and secure a house in the UK through an agency while over seas? Has anyone else done this in the last year or so?

If we can't do plan a or b plan c would be me and the kids flying out then looking for a house then when we have one, sending in the completed spouse application after that, but i was hoping we could all fly together as 3 kids on an NZ to UK journey is my idea of a nightmare. and not keen on splinting the kids up for a month either.

Also is a contract of a rental or a letter form the landlord enough for the sake of the application or do we need pictures and legal documents the landlord may or may not supply? Thanks!

Last edited by MsTwist; Mar 9th 2016 at 12:47 am.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Securing a rental hsoue in UK from Abroad

I would think if your parents are doing the viewing, they should be able to stand as guarantors to the landlord for the rent until you have proved your own creditworthiness back in UK. Otherwise it is difficult getting rentals from overseas and you'll likely have to put at least 6 months rent as deposit as others have had to. It really all depends on the landlord- some won't rent at all until you are physically in UK. SFAIA you will need a contract, or a letter from your parents landlord confirming property is suitable for the extra people.