Securing the Job while applying in US

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

angela256z is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Securing the Job while applying in US

Hi all,

I know you need six months work and then a job offer in the UK. When applying outside the US it takes about six months for approvals. At what point in that process must my husband prove he has a job offer in the UK?
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Securing the Job while applying in US

... at the point you make the application you need to have the job secured in the UK.

If you have read the link I sent you with regards meeting the financials you do NOT have to have been in your current job in the US for 6 months. There is a Cat B

Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
... at the point you make the application you need to have the job secured in the UK.

If you have read the link I sent you with regards meeting the financials you do NOT have to have been in your current job in the US for 6 months. There is a Cat B

Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK

No I understand that. We will qualify under Cat A. I am not worried about that. My question is more around he held the job and now must show future employment, but that employment must start within three months of returning. It takes six months for an approval. If we apply in April I can't see any job holding a place for someone until Oct or later. So I am guessing my husband will have to leave before us then if he must show a future job opening.

And I am still reading that document. It's quite long.

Last edited by angela256z; Nov 3rd 2022 at 10:40 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angela256z
No I understand that. We will qualify under Cat A. I am not worried about that. My question is more around he held the job and now must show future employment, but that employment must start within three months of returning. It takes six months for an approval. If we apply in April I can't see any job holding a place for someone until Oct or later. So I am guessing my husband will have to leave before us then if he must show a future job opening.

And I am still reading that document. It's quite long.
While some applications might take 6 months the standard time is around 3 months; hence the requirement for the job to start within 3 months of applying. It's not set in stone but most people find that they get their approval around about the proposed return date they input into the application.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

While some applications might take 6 months the standard time is around 3 months; hence the requirement for the job to start within 3 months of applying. It's not set in stone but most people find that they get their approval around about the proposed return date they input into the application.
Eek ok. And it's true that I must enter within three months of the approval? We have a pretty strict timeline (baby coming) so maybe I should wait until three months before the baby is due.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As I understand it since Covid the vignette which goes into your passport gives you up to 6 months to enter.
Could another forum member confirm this?
Old Nov 8th 2022, 11:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it since Covid the vignette which goes into your passport gives you up to 6 months to enter.
Could another forum member confirm this?
Normally the entry vignette is valid for 30 days; this was amended to 90 days as a result of Covid.
Old Nov 8th 2022, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Normally the entry vignette is valid for 30 days; this was amended to 90 days as a result of Covid.
Thanks, wondered if it had reverted back to 30 days. (don't know why I put 6 months, meant 90 days originally)
Old Nov 8th 2022, 5:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, wondered if it had reverted back to 30 days. (don't know why I put 6 months, meant 90 days originally)
No worries. It’s still 90 days; it’s quite possible this will now be a permanent change.