Savings requirements the finer points.

Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

On the road again is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Savings requirements the finer points.

Originally Posted by alfista1
I thought about this way with my wife(and son) but was warned against it as the immigration border control may deny her entry even as a visitor as it looks suspicious!!
I guess I'm not following. If we decide to go to the UK on a "visit" what's it to them. We won't be playing games in that she won't try to stay after the visa expires or work... If the cards all don't fall into place as I'd like but instead I have to get a job (which I am legally aloud to do regardless whether I am visiting or staying) or my finances don't look as secure as they'd like and we have to wait the 6 months... she'll then go to France or somewhere else and apply for a spouse visa and wait the two months there for it to go through.

Even if that's a red flag she can return to Aus and do it from there so I don't see how that's a problem.

Last edited by On the road again; Feb 28th 2014 at 10:23 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by On the road again
I guess I'm not following. If we decide to go to the UK on a "visit" what's it to them. We won't be playing games in that she won't try to stay after the visa expires or work... If the cards all don't fall into place as I'd like but instead I have to get a job (which I am legally aloud to do regardless whether I am visiting or staying) or my finances don't look as secure as they'd like and we have to wait the 6 months... she'll then go to France or somewhere else and apply for a spouse visa and wait the two months there for it to go through.

Even if that's a red flag she can return to Aus and do it from there so I don't see how that's a problem.
The important thing is to ensure that you ALL have sufficient ties to another country that the Border Agent is sure you will leave the UK. If it's a visit and you will all leave afterwards that should be fine but if one of you may be staying take a look at this
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...spouse-of.html
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

On the road again is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
The important thing is to ensure that you ALL have sufficient ties to another country that the Border Agent is sure you will leave the UK. If it's a visit and you will all leave afterwards that should be fine but if one of you may be staying take a look at this
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...spouse-of.html
Interesting read but I could see a few red flags that made it bad for her. One being she showed up without a return ticket and a flimsy excuse. We won't be doing that. We'll both have return tickets, even if I don't use the return portion and she does. It didn't sound like she had much left back in canuckistan which makes things even more complex. We still have everything we own in Aus, including the house and the mortgage, so the burden of proving she has something to go back to would be easy. She has a job still... So I think we'll be alright. The link did give me a line on a immigration lawyer though so I'll run my docs past him if he agrees to make sure things are in order so thx for the post!

We like to do things in a conservative manner so when I get things settled and sorted out and we know for sure it's going to work we'll then dismantle things in Aus. Also I want to take as much as I can from this place so I'll wait till the house prices are near their peak before selling. The panic and poorly thought out buying habits of aussies should mean for a tidy profit.

Last edited by On the road again; Mar 9th 2014 at 1:16 pm.