Same employer variable income Appendix 2

Old Nov 15th 2018, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Sharmi123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Same employer variable income Appendix 2

Hi,
Need advice in filling appendix 2 for uk spouse settlement visa.
My husband is in salaried employment in UK with gross salary £50,000.
He has been working with the same employer from may 2018. But worked in Ireland from may to September 2018 with gross salary €50000. Then he was transferred by the same employer to UK and working here from October till date.

​​​​​So I am applying under category B same employer, variable income.
Need help in filling appendix 2.

Part 3a
  • 3.4 is your sponsor currently employed in UK - yes
  • 3.11 what is your sponsors annual income from this employment before tax - £50000
  • 3.12 has your sponsor been in same employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application (category A)- no
  • Has your sponsor had other salaried employment in the UK 12 months prior to the date of application (category B) - no ( by saying no here does it mean I don't fit in neither a nor b category)
  • What was your sponsors total income from salaried employment 12 months prior to the date of application.- (€20000 + £ 8333) = £ 25736

1) Am I right in filling this way
2) my husband had salaried job for 7 months in the last 12 months. But he meets the financial requirement.
So he is salaried in UK at the time of application with mom gross salary of £18,600 and
He has earned more than £18,600 in the 12 month period prior to the date of application.

So just submitting 6 month payslip under category B doesn't cause any problems right?

Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2018, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Same employer variable income Appendix 2

Which category B are you referring to...?

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK OR

5.4. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK

They have different criteria

..... and when you say Ireland, do you mean the Republic of Ireland?
Old Nov 16th 2018, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Which category B are you referring to...?

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK OR

5.4. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK

They have different criteria

..... and when you say Ireland, do you mean the Republic of Ireland?
Hi ,
1) I refer to 5.3 category B - 6 months with current employer, but variable pay.

2) I mean republic of Ireland.

Sorry I was not clear about this in my earlier post.

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2018, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharmi123
Hi ,
1) I refer to 5.3 category B - 6 months with current employer, but variable pay.

2) I mean republic of Ireland.

Sorry I was not clear about this in my earlier post.

Thanks
You are still not clear...... there are 2 Cat B categories:

which one is yours?

From your posts your husband has only just returned to the UK?
Old Nov 16th 2018, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

You are still not clear...... there are 2 Cat B categories:

which one is yours?

From your posts your husband has only just returned to the UK?
My husband is working in UK for 2 months. Before arriving to UK he worked in republic of Ireland for 5 months. His employer is the same. So, I will be applying for 5.3 category B - variable income - person residing in the UK.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My husband is working in UK for 2 months. Before arriving to UK he worked in republic of Ireland for 5 months. His employer is the same. So, I will be applying for 5.3 category B - variable income - person residing in the UK.

Taking what you have posted, and looking at Example A quoted in Cat 5.3, if your husband's situation is as per example A then, yes, presenting 6 payslips to show 18,600GBP earnings for current job and 18,600 GBP earnings for past 12 months, will be acceptable.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 11:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Or just apply for a Returning Resident visa and save yourself five years of grief and thousands in visa fees.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 11:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't understand why you're not taking Brit in Paris' advice.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I really can't understand why you're not taking Brit in Paris' advice.
I know. Brit in Paris is really kind enough to keep insisting this to me. But, Iam scared of getting rejected. I am ok to wait and spend for five years. My daughter is also in UK now. Being separated for months from husband and kid is pathetic. So couldn't take any chance.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Taking what you have posted, and looking at Example A quoted in Cat 5.3, if your husband's situation is as per example A then, yes, presenting 6 payslips to show 18,600GBP earnings for current job and 18,600 GBP earnings for past 12 months, will be acceptable.

Am I right in filling appendix 2 this way.

View First Unread

Sharmi123 , Nov 15th 2018 9:36 pm
Hi,
He has been working with the same employer from may 2018. But worked in Ireland from may to September 2018 with gross salary €50000. Then he was transferred by the same employer to UK and working here from October till date.

Part 3a
  • 3.11 what is your sponsors annual income from this employment before tax - £50000
  • 3.12 has your sponsor been in same employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application (category A)- no
  • Has your sponsor had other salaried employment in the UK 12 months prior to the date of application (category B) - no ( by saying no here does it mean I don't fit in neither a nor b category)
  • What was your sponsors total income from salaried employment 12 months prior to the date of application.- (€20000 + £ 8333) = £ 25736
thanks.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 12:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I know. Brit in Paris is really kind enough to keep insisting this to me. But, Iam scared of getting rejected. I am ok to wait and spend for five years. My daughter is also in UK now. Being separated for months from husband and kid is pathetic. So couldn't take any chance.
There is a risk of rejection, certainly, but worse case scenario you’ll be applying for a spouse visa a few weeks later than you would’ve done.
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Hi,
As suggested I am applying under category B.

Part 3a

1) Am I right in filling this way
2) my husband had salaried job for 7 months in the last 12 months. But he meets the financial requirement.
So he is salaried in UK at the time of application with mom gross salary of £18,600 and
He has earned more than £18,600 in the 12 month period prior to the date of application.

So just submitting 6 month payslip under category B doesn't cause any problems right?

Thanks